Dr. Arunesh Gupta is renowned Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon committed to providing quality treatment for his patients. He trained in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery in India and U.S.A. His experience speaks volumes with extensive publications and exceptional patient treatment. He specializes in cosmetic Surgery of face, breast and body contouring and microvascular surgery for onco-reconstruction, along with liposuction and tummy tuck.
Having a tire of fat around your waist? Probably it is time you consulted an expert surgeon for solutions. By now you have tried everything dieting, exercise but stubborn belly fat around your waist refuses to budge. Losing weight elsewhere on your body only made the matters worse because the belly now is more pronounced. The skin on your stomach is loose, sagging, and you can grab a handful of excess skin. Added to all this in females who have multiple pregnancies there might be separated abdominal muscles which worsen the problem making tummy tuck a necessity.
Often considered a procedure for the rich and famous, tummy tucks (also known as abdominoplasties) are a common procedure now with almost 4 fold increase in the last decade and is now the third most commonly performed plastic surgery procedure.
Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure that focuses on removing the excess skin and fat around the waist and tightening the underlying abdominal muscles. It is important to understand that a abdominoplasty is not meant to help you lose weight. The healthy lifestyle has to be maintained after surgery to get long-term results out of the surgery. Depending on the type of tummy tuck performed, a combination of excess skin removal, liposuction, and abdominal muscle tightening can be used to give the stomach a flatter, toned, and firmer appearance.
Which Tummy tuck to choose?
This decision is made in consultation with your surgeon depending on the various criteria.
- Traditional tummy tucks: Most commonly performed type and here scar extends between the hips
- Mini tummy tucks(partial abdominoplasties): For patients within 10 percent of their ideal body weight and there are alterations only to the part of the abdomen that is below the umbilicus.
- Endoscopic tummy tuck: With the help of advanced technology and minimally invasive procedures.
- Extended tummy tuck: Removal of ‘love handles’ as well as the removal of fat and excess skin from the tummy. Extension of the scars is behind the hips and below the panty line so it will not be visible, even when one is wearing low-rise clothing.
- Circumferential tummy tucks: Type of body lift done in patients who have undergone bariatric surgery. The scars for this type of procedure are circumferentially around the waist.
Abdominoplasty is always done best by detailed discussion between the expert surgeon and the patient. It is individually tailored according to the needs and desire of the patient. When deciding to have a tummy tuck choosing the right plastic surgeon is of paramount importance.