Dr. Pravin Gore (MBBS, DNB in Gen. Surgery, FAIS, FACRSI) is an exclusive Colorectal Surgeon & Proctologist, the first in the west zone of India. He is a dedicated super-specialist Proctologist-colorectal surgeon and practices at Apollo Spectra, with 15 years of experience in his specialty. Dr. Pravin has done an in-depth study and practiced in Proctology and Colorectal surgery. He understands each individual patient and tailors the best scientifically proven international state-of-the-art treatment to them.
Dr.Pravin Gore shares with us a few home remedies to treat piles but also suggests that no home remedies or treatment should be tried without consulting a doctor. Dr. Pravin suggests the WASH regimen as the best home remedy to help with Piles. Let us discuss the regimen and how to use it as a home remedy for Piles.
The WASH regime for Piles
W – Warm sitz bath. Here the patient needs to sit in a tub of warm water for 10 minutes after every motion.
A – Analgesics and painkillers. Use the ones that contain muscle relaxants.
S – Stool softeners and laxatives.
H – Haemorrhoidal creams can soothe the injured inner wall of the anus that the passage of hard stools has caused.
Lifestyle changes play a very vital role in helping cure Piles. It is advised to follow these guidelines to cope with Piles:
- Eat meals on a timely basis.
- Don’t eat in haste and chew well for proper digestion.
- Every day, sleep for a total of 8 hours.
- Do not apply any force, strain or pressure to evacuate your bowels.
- Do not hold the urge to pass stools for a long time.
- Try to exercise daily and incorporate walking 2 – 4 km per day.
- Meditate to relax your agitated mind, the intestines, and muscles around the anus.
- Practice deep breathing exercises and relaxation techniques to relieve strain on the anal and intestinal muscles.
- Do not sleep immediately after having your supper, and practice Shatapawali, which is an exercise that consists walking 100 steps after every meal.
- Have a positive attitude towards life.
These safe methods are sure to help you get some relief from the stress and pain of piles. Dr. Pravin recommends consulting a doctor for treatment before opting for home remedies. Don’t shy away from consulting an expert doctor at Apollo Spectra. To book an appointment, click here.
#The suggestions given in the article are not a medical treatment. Please consult a Colorectal Specialist for correct diagnosis & treatment.