Dr. Pravin Gore (MBBS, DNB in Gen. Surgery, FAIS, FACRSI) is an exclusive Colorectal Surgeon & Proctologist, the first in west zone of India. He is a dedicated super-specialist Proctologist-colorectal surgeon and practices at Apollo Spectra, with 15 years of experience in his specialty. Dr. Pravin has done in depth study and practiced in Proctology and Colorectal surgery. He understands each individual patient and tailors the best scientifically proven international state-of-the-art treatment to them.
Dr.Pravin Gore shares with us a few home remedies to treat piles but also suggests that no home remedies or treatment should be tried without consulting a doctor. Dr. Pravin suggests the WASH regimen as the best home remedy to help with Piles. Let us discuss the regimen and how to use it as a home remedy for Piles.
The WASH regime for Piles
W – Warm sitz bath. Here the patient needs to sit in a tub of warm water for 10 minutes after every motion.
A – Analgesics and painkillers. Use the ones that contain muscle relaxants.
S – Stool softeners and laxatives.
H – Haemorrhoidal creams can soothe the injured inner wall of the anus that the passage of hard stools has caused.
Lifestyle changes play a very vital role in helping cure Piles. It is advised to follow these guidelines to cope with Piles:
- Eat meals on a timely basis.
- Don’t eat in haste and chew well for proper digestion.
- Every day, sleep for a total of 8 hours.
- Do not apply any force, strain or pressure to evacuate your bowels.
- Do not hold the urge to pass stools for a long time.
- Try to exercise daily and incorporate walking 2 – 4 km per day.
- Meditate to relax your agitated mind, the intestines and muscles around the anus.
- Practice deep breathing exercises and relaxation techniques to relieve strain on the anal and intestinal muscles.
- Do not sleep immediately after having your supper, and practice Shatapawali, which is an exercise that consists walking 100 steps after every meal.
- Have a positive attitude towards life.
These safe methods are sure to help you get some relief from the stress and pain of piles. Dr. Pravin recommends consulting a doctor for treatment before opting for home remedies. Don’t shy away from consulting an expert doctor at Apollo Spectra. To book an appointment, click here.
#The suggestions given in the article are not a medical treatment. Please consult a Colorectal Specialist for correct diagnosis & treatment.