If you’ve been hearing an abnormal sound in your ear such as ear ringing, buzzing in ear, whistling in ear, hissing sound in ear, etc., then you’ve most likely got tinnitus.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is a health disorder that can occur in various regions of the ear including the middle, outer and inner areas, or the brain. The constant ringing in ears is usually accompanied by other symptoms such as decreased hearing, ear pain, anxiety, depression, difficulty sleeping and concentrating, etc.
Causes of Tinnitus
Tinnitus is a symptom, not a disease – It usually is an indication of a much bigger problem. Following are some of the reasons why you might be facing tinnitus and hearing loss:
• A buildup of earwax
• Medicines, especially antibiotics or large amounts of aspirin
• Drinking an excessive amount of alcohol or caffeinated beverages
• Ear infections or eardrum rupture
• Dental or other problems affecting the mouth, such as temporomandibular (TM) problems
• Injuries, such as whiplash or a direct blow to the ear or head
• Injury to the inner ear following surgery or radiation therapy to the head or neck
• A rapid change in environmental pressure (barotrauma)
• Severe weight loss from malnutrition or excessive dieting
• Repeated exercise with the neck in a hyperextended position, such as when bicycle riding
• Blood flow (vascular) problems, such as carotid atherosclerosis, arteriovenous (AV) malformations,
and high blood pressure (hypertension)
• Nerve problems (neurologic disorders), such as multiple sclerosis or migraine headache
• Other diseases. These may include:
o Acoustic neuroma
o Ménière’s disease
o Thyroid disease
You could experience tinnitus for a day or you might be stuck with high pitched ringing in ears for years to come. Tinnitus has the ability to affect your quality of life, and hence, it’s important to opt for tinnitus cure. Also, what many people fail to understand is that the ear ringing and other accompanying symptoms of tinnitus could be an indication of much bigger problems such as tumours, bone abnormalities, increased blood flow, neurological diseases, etc. Hence, if you experience constant ringing in ears, it’s important that you consult a doctor for the same.
At Apollo Spectra, you will have a dedicated team of experts that will diagnose the cause of your ear ringing and treat you for the same. Apollo Spectra’s ENT team will ensure that you don’t have to suffer from constant ringing in ears anymore. If the problem is serious, tinnitus cure could include surgery, and Apollo Spectra, with its zero infection rate, state of the art technology and experienced medical team, is the best place to get treated for tinnitus and its related symptoms and causes.