Breast Reduction Surgery in Bangalore
Every woman covets for perfectly shaped breasts, but unfortunately, most of the time, this is not possible. Breast reduction surgery can be the most rewarding surgery to enhance your appearance. It will not only increase your self-confidence, but will also give you the freedom to wear your favorite clothes. At Apollo Spectra Hospitals, we provide exceptional breast reduction surgery in Bangalore. We ahem experts who communicate regular with you to give you desires results. Also known as Reduction Mammoplasty, breast reduction is a process that removes excess breast fat and glandular tissue to achieve a breast size which is in proportion to the body. It is also done to alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts such as neck and back pain, rashes, etc.
Macromastia: is the condition when the woman has enlarged breasts, over 500 gm per breast, that sag and cause chronic pain, especially in the neck, back, and chest region. It can also cause impaired blood circulation to the other parts of the body and rashes underneath the breast.
Gigantomastia: is the condition when the woman has overly enlarged breasts, with each breast being over 1000 gm and has similar (if not worse) problems mentioned above.
You may want to consider breast reduction surgery in Bangalore-
- If your breasts are not allowing you to perform your day to day activities
- You experience physiological and emotional trauma and stress
- You cannot take part in any physical activity
- You experience bouts of pain in your neck, back and chest area
- You have enlarged areola due to stretched skin
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- You are in a good health condition
There are 4 commonly used surgical techniques when it comes to breast reduction:
- Inferior Pedicle Method: This method is the most commonly used technique to reduce breast fat and tissue. This technique requires repositioning of the nipple and helps relieve the burden of extremely saggy breasts. It is a safe procedure and can be performed without damaging the blood flow or milk duct functioning.
- Anchor Incision Pattern: It is also known as the ‘Inverted-T’ incision as it consists of 3 incisions in total. The incisions occur on the border of the areola, down the middle of the breast and under the crease of the breast. This technique takes away more skin to relieve moderate to severe sagging of the breasts.
- Vertical Incision: This technique is used to reduce mild sagging of the breasts. Individuals with good skin elasticity are recommended for this procedure. This method produces fewer scars and ensures a more natural looking shape for the breast post surgery.
- Liposuction-only technique: Tumescent Liposuction of the breast includes the use of microannulas, but should be used only for minor to medium sagging of breasts. This procedure causes the least number of scars and does not change the shape of the breast but only reduces the size.
With the help of any of the technique mentioned above, your cosmetic surgeon will remove excess breast skin, fat and tissue, moving the areola/nipple to an elevated, more forward position on the chest. He will then reshape and close the remaining breast skin and tissue with the help of dissolvable sutures. The final shape and curve of the reduced breast is determined by the area of the tissues remaining in the breast. To ensure tissue viability, the doctor will have to make sure that the skin and glandular tissue pedicle has a proper supply of nerves and blood vessels (arterial and venous).
It is typically an outpatient surgery and your doctor will use an intravenous sedation or general anesthesia before a procedure. The techniques are undertaken in such a way as to allow individuals to wear bathing suits, low-cut tops, etc. Your doctor will make sure to minimize scarring and to keep your scars as hidden as possible by locating the incisions in easily hidden sites.
As with any other surgical procedure, even a breast reduction surgery requires mandatory after-care.
- The First Two Weeks: Bruising and swelling is natural after a surgery. It will take a few weeks to subside. A moisturizer should be used to prevent itchiness. You can gently place ice packs on top of the bandages to help ease the pain. All patients should follow all post surgery instructions given by their respective doctors, as the aftercare is the most important! Usually, there is a special surgical bra that should be worn over the gauze and stitches. Stitches are removed between 1-2 weeks post surgery. Avoid swimming, strenuous exercises and heavy lifting.
- The First Few Months: Any contact with breasts for 4-6 weeks after the operation should be gentle. Breasts will also become extra sensitive during menstrual cycles. Sporadic pains may be experienced as well. Avoid sexual activity as it can lead to inflammation around the incisions. As breast tissue is significantly disrupted, it could take anywhere between 6 months to a year before all the swelling can subside and the results of the surgery become visible. If women smoke, the scars might become wider over time. Taking care of your habits post surgery can definitely help you in the long run.
- Visit your doctor immediately if you experience pain in either breast, heavy bleeding from the incision and breast shortness after the surgery. The results are long lasting as long as you keep your weight consistent. However, pregnancy and aging may change the shape, size and appearance of your breasts. Consult your dermatologist if you have any questions regarding this surgery or are planning to have this breast reduction surgery in Bangalore.