Hysterectomy Surgery in Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is suggested for women who want to remove their uterus. There can be many reasons behind this procedure, like uterine prolapse, fibroids, cancer, etc. For better guidance, you can visit the hysterectomy surgery Hospital in Delhi. They have state-of-the-art facilities and competent staff.
What Is a Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy is a simple procedure to remove the uterus. The uterus (also known as the womb) is an organ in the woman where the baby grows and matures.
Hysterectomy is performed under the influence of local anesthesia. The region below the waist is numbed, and then the operation is performed. After the surgery, you might feel some discomfort and redness around the operated area for a week, but gradually the condition will improve. If the ovaries are not removed, then you won’t feel any hormone-related side effects. Still, if the ovaries are operated out, you can feel similar symptoms to menopause.
Who Qualifies for a Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is not used in all cases. It is performed for the following cases-
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina
- Ovary cancer, cervix cancer, uterus cancer
- Uterine Fibroids
- Severe Pelvic pain
- Thickening in the wall of the uterus (Adenomyosis)
- Change in the position of the uterus from its actual position to the vaginal canal (uterine prolapse)
Hysterectomy is considered the last option after the medicines, and other tests have failed to give the desired results.
Before the surgery, your surgeon will perform some basic blood and urine tests. To avoid any complications, the doctor will ask you to stop some medicines in advance. Eat light food the night before the surgery and take proper rest. You may have mixed feelings about the procedure, hence prepare yourself for the procedure and talk to your friends and family about the surgery. It’s common to feel scared or unsure before the procedure.
Why Is Hysterectomy Performed?
Hysterectomy is an effective way to treat some painful diseases like leiomyomas (fibroids), cancer, etc. It gives a lifetime effect and also improves the quality of life. In a Hysterectomy, the doctor uses a laparoscopy and other advanced instruments for surgery. It is used when surgery is the only remaining way to treat the disease.
Types of Hysterectomy
Hysterectomy is performed in more than one way. These are-
- Total Hysterectomy- in this surgery, the doctor operates and removes the cervix and the uterus. After this surgery, you will not require a Pap test.
- Partial Hysterectomy- it is a minor surgery, and only a portion of the uterus is removed, leaving the cervix.
- Robotic Hysterectomy- in this procedure, the robot arms are used for the surgery. After this surgery, the patient gets discharged after a day or two.
- Abdominal Hysterectomy- this procedure takes around a month to recover completely. The incisions are made On the stomach; hence lifting another form of heavy physical exercise is prohibited. It takes 2 to 3 days to discharge from the hospital.
- Vaginal or laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy- it is a type of laparoscopic surgery, and it recovers quickly. Small incisions are made through which a laparoscope and other surgical instruments are inserted. It is a preferred form of surgery as it is usually done on an outpatient basis, and the recovery takes only 2 to 3 weeks.
Advantages of Hysterectomy
Hysterectomy is a beneficial process for women suffering from pain for a very, very long time. Some of the advantages of the process are-
- Prevents cancer In the ovaries, cervix, and uterus
- Stops the excessive bleeding
- Protects the uterine wall
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Nehru Enclave, New Delhi
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Complications in Hysterectomy
Hysterectomy is highly beneficial for women who want to relieve the pain for good, but it might also involve some complications similar to other surgeries. the most common risks associated with hysterectomy are-
- Blood clots
- Severe infection
- Early menopause
- Injury in the urinary tract
- A problem in the bowel movement
Hysterectomy is one of the most widely performed surgeries in India. It is quick, simple, and secure. Consult the best surgeon and hospital for the best results.
The recovery takes around 6 to 8 weeks after Following the precautions and under the proper supervision.
After the hysterectomy, if you are not mentally prepared, you might feel depressed, which will remain temporarily because the body is adjusting to the new changes.
It is a myth that hysterectomy affects the sexual well-being and functioning of a woman. It has nothing to do with that, but after the surgery, as the uterus is removed, you won’t get pregnant.