TLH Surgery in Nehru Enclave, Delhi
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to remove the uterus and cervix. It is a minor surgery and shows maximum results. For TLH Surgery treatment in Delhi, visit a top hospital like the Apollo Spectra Hospital.
About Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH) is an invasive surgery performed using a laparoscope to remove the uterus and cervix. Small incisions, around 0.5’ to 1’, are made on the abdomen for removal. It is safe and one of the commonly performed procedures.
The procedure takes two to three hours. The doctor starts with numbing the region around your abdomen and then making minor cuts to allow instruments to enter.
Who Qualifies for Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
TLH surgery is suggested to the patients Who have the following symptoms or diseases-
- Extreme infection in the uterus
- Uterus cancer/ovarian cancer/ cervix cancer
- Abnormal bleeding after the delivery
- Prolapse of the uterus (uterus sliced in the vaginal and it’s outside)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Excessive and abnormal bleeding From the uterus
Before the surgery, your doctor will conduct a complete body examination and will monitor your drugs. The body Examination includes a blood test, ultrasound, and other imaging tests. You must Stop taking Medicines that will make blood clotting difficult such as aspirin, warfarin, etc. Similar to other surgeries in TLH, you should also not eat 6 to 12 hours before surgery.
Why is Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Conducted?
A TLH is performed to remove the uterus and the cervix to treat painful and heavy menstruation, fibroids, etc.
The procedure requires a lot of precision and is done under the influence of general anesthesia. In some situations, the uterus and the cervix, the fallopian tube, and the ovaries are also removed.
It relieves the patient from significant problems like abnormal bleeding, pain, and other serious complications. It is a life-saver for women who have a family history of cancer or is also used as a part of cancer treatment.
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy does not take a lot of time and is also quite simple.
Types of Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
There are various kinds of Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy surgery-
- Subtotal Hysterectomy- it does not affect sexual functioning even after the surgery. The uterus is removed during the procedure, and the cervix is left at its position.
- Radical Hysterectomy- this procedure is mainly used for cancer treatment. It involves removing most of the organs like the cervix, Fallopian tube, uterus, ovaries, upper vagina, parametrium, lymph nodes, etc.
- Total Hysterectomy- this surgery involves removal of the uterus and cervix.
Benefits of Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
There are many advantages of opting for laparoscopic surgery over traditional methods. Here are some of them-
- It is an invasive procedure (minor cuts); therefore, minimal scarring
- Takes less time to recover
- Sure to stay at the hospital
- Less blood loss during the surgery
- Comparatively, fewer chances of complications
- Gives the most accurate results within a short time
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Nehru Enclave, New Delhi
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment
Risks After Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy can have a few risks after the procedure. These include-
- Injury in the internal organs like the bladder
- Internal bleeding
- Infection in the body
- Ovary failure (if the ovaries are not removed)
- Abnormal Vaginal discharge
- Inability to clear your bowel and bladder
- Problems related to anesthesia
- Redness and release from the incisions
Take good care after the operation to avoid such complications. Take proper rest, eat a balanced diet, and do not put pressure on the operating area.
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is a widely used procedure. It is not only safe but also practical. It improves your quality of life and other physical aspects of it.
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy takes less time to recover than regular surgery. You may feel tenderness around the incision. It takes four to six weeks for complete recovery, but you can continue with your everyday lifestyle in a few days post-surgery.
Complete recovery after the surgery and adjustment of the body post total laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery takes time. You must follow these precautions after the surgery-
- Complete bed rest for at least a week
- Do not consume alcohol and cigarettes
- Abstain from intercourse
- Do not lift heavyweights
- Avoid doing household chores
- Try not to insert tampons for some days
Yes, Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy is a safe and trusted procedure for women of all age groups.