- Senior Resident, Department of Renal transplant, S.M.S.Medical College & Hospital (2011-2012).
- Senior Resident (PDT), Department of Urology R.G.Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata, India (2012-2015).
- Asst. Professor, Department of Urology and Renal Transplant S.M.S. Medical College & Hospital (2015-2017)
Awards & Achievements
- First prize in debate competition in Bengal urology society.
- Awarded Bengal Silver travelling fellowship (2014)
- Travelling fellowship – Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi Advance uro-oncology & Robotics observership.
- Travelling fellowship – MPUH, Nadiad (Gujrat) Advance endourology, laparoscopy & Robotics observership
- Awarded Gold Medal in MCh (Urology) – WBUHS”
Research & Publications
- Sharma Rakesh, Mitra Subrata K, Majee Prasenjit, Gill Tejpal S, Dey Ranjan K, Basu Supriya, Das Ranjit K. Transperineal bulboprostatic anastomotic repair of pelvic fracture urethral distraction defect and role of proximal urethral mobilisation: A retrospective study in 76 patients, IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279- 0861.Volume 13, Issue 7 Ver. VI (July. 2014), PP 48-53 Doi:10.9790/0853-13764853
- Sharma Rakesh, Mitra Subrata k, Majee Prasenjit, Maity Debasis, Dey Ranjan k, Basu Supriya, Das Ranjit k. Huge Retroperitoneal Mixed Germ Cell Tumor in Cryptorchid Testis, IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSRJDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 13, Issue 7 Ver. IV (July.2014), PP 92-95
- Primary urethral leiomyoma in a female patient: A case report and review of the literature R. Sharma ∗, S.K. Mitra , R.K. Dey , S. Basu , R.K. Das, African Journal of Urology http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.afju.2014.11.009 1110-5704/© 2015 Pan African Urological Surgeon association
- Emphysematous cystitis, Gas in Bladder: A rare urological emergency- Rakesh Sharma, Subrata K Mitra, Arpan Choudhary, Prasenjit Majee BMJ Case Reports 2015: published online 23 July 2015, doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-210836
- Effectiveness of Intralesional Verapamil versus Saline for treatment of Peyronie’s disease- a randomized single blind, Placebo co
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- European Association of Urology (EAU-100268)
- American Urological Association (AUA ID: 00853444)
- Urological Society of India (S529 A)
- East Zone – Urological Society of India (S 251)