General Physician in Pune
A general practitioner or a general physician is a medical doctor who diagnoses and treats severe and chronic illnesses and helps us with preventive measures, in order to maintain good health. They are highly trained professionals, who provide us with an extensive range of non-surgical treatments. They have a wide range of knowledge, which is not limited to one specialization. Therefore, they are able to deal with any illness and steer in the patients in the right direction. They also make sure the treatments are affordable and prescribe the drugs wisely.
What is the role of a general physician?
- Global approach – General physicians always take a comprehensive approach. This enables them to narrow down the problem and provide the diagnosis, which may be missed otherwise.
- Complex care – They are highly-qualified to care for patients with complex issues. They are also trained to deal with all the impact of the disorder, both sociological and psychological effects.
- Procedure – They help with medications and various other treatments to treat the condition of the patient.
- Diagnosis – They are trained in such a way that they can figure out the disorder with limited resources and in an affordable manner.
- Treatment – With their critical analysis, they are able to come up with the correct treatment for the patients. With a vast knowledge of all the medications, their quick thinking prevents the illness from turning into something more severe.
- Pre-and Post-operative assessment – Before any surgery, general physicians review the profile of the patients. It helps reduce the risks of the surgery. They also help with the post-operative care.
- Common cold and flu
The common cold and flu are caused by seasonal viruses. A general physician can prescribe the right medication to help deal with the illness and get better in a short span of time. The symptoms of this disorder are; coughing, sneezing, runny nose, high fever, and headaches.
- High blood pressure
Also known as hypertension, it is a disorder, which can cause serious complications and increase the risks of stroke, heart disease, and even death. Acute high blood pressure is because of taking too much stress. However, it can also occur on its own or can be because of an underlying condition, such as kidney disease. Lifestyle choices also play a major role in this illness.
When you visit a general physician to cure this condition, your doctor may offer a variety of treatment. To bring down your blood pressure and to keep it stable, it is important to make healthy lifestyle choices, with good eating habits, an exercise routine, and avoiding all harmful substances. Also, stress management along with medication is a major part of the treatment. The symptoms of this disorder are usually not on display; hence, it gets its name the ‘silent killer’. However, few of the symptoms include; excessive sweating, anxiety, problems with sleeping, and headaches. If you notice these signs, it is important that you visit your nearest Apollo Spectra today!
It is a disorder where the blood sugar levels become too high in the patient. This happens because of the inadequate production of the insulin or the inability of the body’s cells to procure a response to this insulin. It can happen even because of both. The main symptoms of this condition are excess thirst, frequent urination, and frequent hunger pangs. There are two types of diabetes, i.e. type 1 and type 2. In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin and in type 2 diabetes, the inulin is not utilized properly. Type 2 is the most common form of diabetes.
This condition occurs when your blood doesn’t contain the required amounts of red blood cells or haemoglobin. There are several types of anaemia, but the most common one is the iron-deficiency anaemia.
- Food poisoning
When one consumes contaminated or spoilt food, it can cause food poisoning. The most common symptoms of this condition are; nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach ache, chills, dehydration, fatigue, fever, and stomach cramps.