General Surgeon in Delhi
General Surgery” is a field of surgery having a central core and comprehensive knowledge including anatomy, metabolism, physiology, immunology, pathology, wound healing, nutrition, shock and resuscitation, neoplasia, and intensive care, which are common to all surgical specialties. General surgery broadly concentrates on abdominal contents including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, liver, colon, pancreas, gallbladder, appendix and bile ducts. It also often focuses on the thyroid gland and diseases involving the skin, soft tissue, breast, trauma, hernias peripheral vascular surgery. General surgeons are also trained in performing endoscopic procedures such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
A general surgeon is a surgeon trained to provide surgical care to the patient entirely. General surgeons are trained in treating diseases and injuries of head, abdomen, neck, soft tissues and endocrine system. They also perform surgeries for the vascular system, burn trauma and several other conditions of the body. They also have an important role to play in Emergency departments where immediate surgery may be required. These surgeons are also in demand in secluded or remote areas. General surgeons are also trained to perform trauma surgery following accidents and to carry out a number of relatively simple childhood operations.
At Apollo Spectra, we have the best general surgeon in Delhi. Our general surgeons are well-trained in carrying out different types of surgeries and have years of experiencing in performing various surgeries.
A general surgeon has a number of roles in the surgical process, starting from the diagnosis of a condition to postoperative care. At Apollo Spectra, general surgeons skilfully perform the following roles-
1) Diagnosis- A general surgeon analyze the medical history and records of the patients seeking treatment. They carefully take in account the medical conditions, infections, and allergies of the patient and plan the best and most suited procedure for their treatment.
2) Preoperative care- Preoperative care refers to the care given before the surgery. The role of a general surgeon in the preoperative stage includes surgical site preparation such as sterilization, hair removal, examining different screening tests such as ECG’s, X-rays, ultrasonography, etc.
3) Operative care- Operative care refers to the care given during the surgery. The role of a general surgeon in the operative stage includes carrying out the surgery using invasive or non-invasive techniques.
4) Postoperative care- Postoperative care refers to the care given after the surgery. This may include prescribing medication to prevent pain and infections, monitor parameters such as blood pressure, heart rate, wound healing, check for any postoperative complications and coordinating follow-ups with the patient. This stage may also include some counseling of the patient after the surgery in order to provide them with mental peace.
General surgery comprises of a wide range of surgeries, including-
- Surgical conditions of the gastrointestinal tract or the digestive tract from the esophagus to the anus
- Kidney, pancreas and liver transplantation
- Surgery of certain breast conditions
- Trauma to the abdomen and thorax
- Initial level assessment of patients with peripheral vascular disease
- Surgery of certain skin conditions
- Elective surgery is also an important part of general surgery
- General surgery of childhood conditions
Here is a list of skills that every general surgeon or general surgeon to be must encompass-
- A wide and comprehensive knowledge of human anatomy different surgical procedures.
- Must be able to perform skillfully and make decisions under pressure.
- Must have a strong commitment towards his/her profession and must be determined and willing to learn continuously and be updated with the changing and advanced techniques in medicine.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and should be able to build a relationship with other specialists as well as the patients.
Apollo Spectra has a team of the leading general surgeons from the country who have expertise in general surgery. They are highly skilled and have years of knowledge and practice in the field.
Apollo Spectra has the best general surgeons in Delhi who have a wide knowledge of different surgical procedures. All general surgeons at Apollo Spectra are skillfully trained to achieve the highest level of precision in every surgery. They work in association with other specialists to provide the best surgical treatment to their patients. They use advanced tools and techniques to carry out the surgeries and ensure that the surgical procedure is smooth. They coordinate with the patients post the operation and make sure they recover quickly and effectively.