Gynecologist in Chennai
Gynecology is a field of medicine which specializes in the health of the female reproductive system. As soon as a woman’s reproductive organs mature, she should regularly get evaluated by a gynecological specialist in Chennai. At Apollo Spectra, we are committed to providing world-class care to women of all ages. At Apollo Spectra, Chennai, we have a team of highly qualified and skilled gynecologist who focus on an overall and specialized care for women’s health. We offer a wide range of women’s health services including the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Hysterectomy is a surgical method of uterus or womb removal. Depending on the type of procedure that is performed and the ground for the surgery, hysterectomy may also include removal of other adjacent organs and tissues such as fallopian tubes and ovaries. A woman may have to undergo a hysterectomy for different reasons, including:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding that cannot be controlled by medicines or other surgeries
- Uterine fibroids or benign tumors in the uterus that have increased in size
- A pelvic pain related to the uterus
- Adenomyosis, or a thickening of the uterus
- Uterine prolapse, a sagging uterus that has “Slid” into the vaginal canal from its normal position
- Severe endometriosis- a uterine tissue that grows outside the uterus and does not respond to other treatments.
- Cancer of the uterus, ovaries or cervix.
At Apollo Spectra, we understand that each patient has different needs and so provide you with multiple treatment options. Doctors at Apollo Spectra examine your health history and overall health to suggest the most suited treatment options for you. The treatment options mainly include-
Open or Traditional surgery – This method involves an abdominal hysterectomy. It is a surgical procedure in which the uterus is removed through a cut in the lower abdomen.
Minimally invasive procedure – It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure where the uterus is removed through a single or several small cuts in the abdomen.
Colposcopy is a type of cervical cancer test in which the doctor uses a magnifying device called a colposcope to look at the cervix. A colposcope magnifies the normal view and allows the health care provider to spot problems that cannot be detected by the eye alone. At Apollo Spectra, our experienced doctors perform and examine the results of colposcopy to detect any abnormal cancer cells.
- Pelvic laparoscopy Apollo Spectra has the best team of gynecologists in all Chennai. They are highly trained in performing a pelvic laparoscopy. It is a surgery used to examine pelvic organs using a tool called laparoscope. By performing this method, the doctor is able to identify the cause of pain in the abdomen or pelvic region.
- Myomectomy Myomectomy is the best treatment option for women who have fibroid symptoms and want to have children in the future A myomectomy is a surgery to remove fibroids from a woman’s uterus while preserving the uterus. It can be performed in a number of different ways, depending on the number, size, and location of the fibroids. The types of myomectomy include-
- laparoscopic myomectomy
- abdominal myomectomy,
- hysteroscopic myomectomy
- Cervical Cancer treatments At Apollo Spectra, our multidisciplinary team of specialists work together to provide the most suited treatment to those fighting cervical cancer. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of doctors provide the most suited treatment based on the type and stage of cancer, its possible side effects, and the woman’s preferences and overall health.
- Laparoscopic conservative surgery for endometriosis Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that is usually found inside the uterus starts to stem in other parts of the body. In this condition, this tissue may fasten to the fallopian tubes, ovaries, the exterior of the uterus, the bowel, or other parts causing pain around the time of your period and scar tissue. At Apollo Spectra, our specialists perform laparoscopic surgery to treat this painful disorder.
- Infertility treatments At Apollo Spectra, Chennai, our compassionate team of experts have helped thousands of people begin or expand their families over the years. Our team evaluates the cause of your infertility and provide you with the best treatment plan based on your health and other factors.