Gynecologist in Kanpur
Gynecology or “the science of women” is a branch of medicine which specializes in the study of functions and disorders relating to women and girls, especially those particular to the female reproductive system. At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur, our highly knowledgeable and skilled gynecologists provide precise diagnosis and outpatient treatments for both critical and common complications with the functioning of the female reproductive tract.
- Abnormal or Heavy Bleeding between periods
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Bleeding during or after sexual intercourse
- Redness, itching, burning or soreness in the vaginal area
- A pressure or pain in the pelvic area which feels more intense or abnormal than menstrual cramps
- Lumps in the genital area
- An increase in vaginal discharge which is accompanied by an unusual color or unpleasant odor.
Recognizing your symptoms in time and approaching a gynecologist can prevent you from further complications.
Gynecological problems in women can range from being a minor infection to chronic conditions such as cervical cancer. In order to get a timely treatment, it is important to recognize your symptoms on time and reach out to a gynecologist immediately. At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur, we have a team of the leading gynecologists in the country who have years of experience in treating a wide range of gynecological disorders. Apollo Spectra provides treatments for a great number of gynecological disease, some common ones being-
- CystectomyIn some women, non-cancerous cysts form in the uterus. Cystectomy is a procedure in which these benign cysts are removed from the uterus. This procedure may also be performed to check the cysts and rule out the possibility of ovarian cancer.
- HysterectomyHysterectomy is a surgical procedure which involves the removal of a woman’s womb or uterus. In some cases, only parts of the uterus may be removed. This surgery is often performed on women who are faced with issues such as excessive or abnormal bleeding, severe pelvic pain, have fibroids (benign tumors) or cancerous tumors in their uterus. At Apollo Spectra, our gynecologists carry out hysterectomy through either a traditional-open surgery or by using a minimally invasive procedure.
- MyomectomyIt is a surgical procedure which involves the elimination of fibroids from a woman’s uterus without having to remove the uterus. At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur, our gynecologists examine the seriousness of the condition and choose the most suited way to carry out this surgery. It can be performed in three ways-
- Abdominal Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy.
- Treatment for EndometriosisEndometriosis is a condition under which a tissue which is generally present inside the uterus starts growing outside it. This condition causes excessive pain, bleeding and even infertility. Gynecologists usually perform pelvic exams, ultrasounds, MRI, laparoscopy to diagnose this condition. They devise a treatment plan based on their diagnosis which may include treatment using medicines, conservative surgery, hormone therapy, hysterectomy, or treatments for fertility.
- Cervical Cancer treatmentsCervical cancer is a cancer of the cervix (the lowermost part of the uterus). It is characterized by a malignant tumor in the cervix which is diagnosed by the gynecologist on performing different physical examinations and tests such as blood tests, ultrasound and/or MRI. At Apollo Spectra, Kanpur, our team of gynecologists work in a team with other medical specialists to give the best treatment to those fighting with cervical cancer. The treatment for cervical cancer may include- surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of these therapies.
- Infertility treatmentsDue to the lifestyle today, infertility has become an increasingly prevalent condition which is affecting a large number of people who are planning to start a family. Gynecologists at Apollo Spectra, Kanpur are experienced in treating infertility. They perform a range of tests and examination to find the cause of infertility and provide suited treatments based on their diagnosis. We at Apollo, aim at providing the most effective fertility solutions and give people the biggest gift of their lives!