Gynecologist in Koramangala
As women grow, their reproductive organs go through a constant change. Gynaecology is the branch of medicine which deals with the functions and diseases specific to female reproductive organs. At Apollo Spectra, Koramangala, our gynaecologists, have years of experience handling gynecologic procedures and women healthcare concerns with expert and compassionate care. They specialize in treating a number of gynaecological issues ranging from menstrual problems to uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, and cervical, ovarian, uterine or endometrial cancers.
There a wide array of gynaecological problems, some common ones being-
- Menstruation problems
- Bladder problems and incontinence
- Abnormal smears
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS)
- Pregnancy and fertility problems
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Prolapse and pelvic floor problems
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Infertility treatmentsInfertility is a serious issue affecting a multitude of women all across the globe. We at Apollo Spectra, Koramangala aim at providing fertility solutions to those who wish to become parents. Our team of experienced gynaecologists works at understanding the cause of infertility and carries out the most suited treatment procedures.
- ColposcopyColposcopy is a procedure in which a woman’s cervix, vagina, and vulva are closely examined using a colposcope (a magnifying device). This procedure is performed to check a woman for signs of cervical cancer. At Apollo Spectra, our gynaecologists examine the results of colposcopy to check for signs of cervical cancer.
- Pelvic laparoscopy
Pelvic laparoscopy is a surgery performed by gynaecologists to look at the pelvic organs using a laparoscope. Laparoscopy helps the doctor examine your pelvic organs and identify the cause for issues in the region.
- MyomectomyA myomectomy is a surgery performed to eliminate fibroids from a woman’s uterus while preserving the uterus. Myomectomy can be performed in three ways- laparoscopic myomectomy, abdominal myomectomy, hysteroscopic myomectomy.
- HysterectomyHysterectomy is a surgical procedure which is performed to remove all or part of the uterus. Once the uterus is removed, a woman can no longer get pregnant. Women who have issues such as abnormal bleeding, excessive pelvic pain, non-cancerous tumors (fibroids) or cancerous tumors are suggested to undergo this surgery. Hysterectomy may be performed through either a Traditional or open surgery or through a minimally invasive procedure. At Apollo Spectra, our gynaecologists investigate the medical history and multiple test results to provide with the best and individual treatment plan.
- CystectomyCystectomy is a procedure carried out to remove non-cancerous ovarian cysts from the uterus. It is performed to confirm the diagnosis of an ovarian cyst, to remove a cyst or to rule out the possibility of ovarian cancer.
- Cervical Cancer treatmentsCervical cancer is a rare type of cancer characterized by a malignant tumor in the lowermost part of the uterus called the cervix. If you have been diagnosed with cervical cancer, our team of gynecologic oncologist will work in closest association with other health departments to plan the best treatment plan for you.At Apollo Spectra, we realize the sensitivity of this chronic ailment and offer the best treatment and care for those who are fighting with cervical cancer. We offer the following treatments for cervical cancer-
- Surgery for Cervical Cancer
- Chemotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Radiation Therapy for Cervical Cancer
- Immunotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Targeted Therapy for Cervical Cancer
- Treatment for EndometriosisEndometriosis is a painful condition in which a tissue called “the endometrium” that is normally present inside of your uterus grows outside your uterus. This causes the displaced endometrial tissue to thicken, and break down and bleed with each menstrual cycle. This may cause severe pain during periods, excessive bleeding, pain during sexual intercourse, and infertility. Gynaecologists at Apollo Spectra perform different exams including ultrasound, pelvic exams, MRI, laparoscopy to diagnose this condition and plan the treatment accordingly. The treatment may include-
- Pain medication
- Hormone Therapy
- Conservative surgery for endometriosis
- Hysterectomy with removal of the ovaries
- Fertility treatments