Hernia Operation Cost in Pune
A hernia is a condition in which an organ pushes through an opening in the muscle or tissue that holds it in place. For example, in a hernia affecting the abdomen, the intestines may break through a weakened tissue or muscle in the abdominal wall. Abdominal hernias are most common, but a hernia can also appear in other areas of the body as well including, upper thigh, belly button, and groin areas. Most hernias are not usually life-threatening and go away on their own. However, if they don’t go away on their own, they may require medical attention to prevent dangerous complications.
At Apollo Spectra, Pune, doctors use different methods to diagnose, treat or manage different types of hernia.
There are many different types of hernias. The most common types of hernia include-
1. An inguinal Hernia- This is the most common type of a hernia especially in aged men. An inguinal hernia occurs when intestines push through a weak tissue in the lower abdominal wall.
2. An incisional hernia- This type of hernia occurs in people who have undergone a surgery of the abdomen. In this condition, the intestines may push through the incision scar or a weak tissue that surrounds it.
3. A femoral hernia- This type of hernia is more commonly found in women. It occurs when a part of the bowel spills through the groin at the top of the inner thigh. It is mainly caused by repeated strain on the abdomen.
4. A hiatal hernia- This type of a hernia is common in aged people. This takes place when the stomach part is pushed out through the diaphragm into the chest cavity.
5. An umbilical hernia: This occurs when a part of bowel pokes through the abdomen near the belly button.
At Apollo Spectra, Pune, our doctors provide advanced diagnosis and treatment for all types of hernias.
A hernia may be caused by a number of different reasons. The main causes of a hernia, include-
- Due to a surgical incision
- Straining on the toilet due to constipation
- Enlarged prostate
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lifting heavy items
- Straining to urinate
- Being overweight or obese
- A persistent cough
- Physical exertion
- Abdominal fluid
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Poor nutrition
A hernia can also be congenital i.e present at birth or develop in children who have a weakness in their abdominal wall.
A hernia can occur with or without symptoms. Some of the most commonly reported symptoms of Hernia include-
- A lump or bulge in the affected area
- A pain in the affected area while standing up, bending down, lifting weight or coughing.
- Burning or aching sensation in the site of lump
- Weakness or pressure in the abdomen
- Acid reflux (a symptom of a hiatal hernia)
- Difficulty swallowing,
- Chest pain
The diagnosis for a hernia mainly starts with a physical examination. The doctor will feel the lump and will investigate your medical history. He/she may ask you to bend, lift, push, or a cough to see if a hernia inflates. The doctor may further ask you to get an Ultrasound, CT scan or X-ray done to confirm the presence of a hernia and rule out associated complications.
The treatment of a hernia depends upon the size and type of a hernia as well as the severity of the condition. If a hernia is growing and causing discomfort, surgery is the best method to treat it. The doctor will monitor your condition and refer you to a surgeon. The surgeon, on evaluating your condition, may choose the right type of surgery based on the severity of your condition. The two types of surgeries that are performed to treat a hernia, include-
Open surgery- In an open surgery, a long incision is made at the location of a hernia and the protruding hernia is put back in its place. The weakened muscle or tissues is also stitched back together. An open surgery may take some time to heal, and you may not be able to resume your routine for up to 6 months.
Laparoscopic surgery- A laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive procedure which follows the same procedure. However, in place of a cut, tiny holes or incisions are made to insert the surgical tools and carry out the procedure. This method os surgery has a shorter recovery time as compared to open surgery
Apollo Spectra hospital has a team of the most experienced surgeons from across the country who use the latest technology for the diagnosis and treatment of different types of a hernia. Apollo spectra offer minimal Hernia operation cost in Pune, under which we provide the best treatment and care for a hernia. Book an appointment now.