Best ACL Reconstruction Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
ACL stands for the anterior cruciate ligament. This ligament is located in your knee. This is a key ligament that stabilizes your knee joint. ACL connects your thighbone to your shinbone.
If you are playing sports or involved in other activities, you have a high chance of tearing this ligament. ACL reconstruction is a surgery that will help to repair the torn ligament. It is a surgical tissue graft replacement of the anterior cruciate ligament. It will help to restore the function of the ligament after an injury.
What is the procedure for ACL reconstruction at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
In the surgery of ACL reconstruction, your doctor will remove your torn ACL and replace it with a healthy tendon. Tendon will connect muscle to bone. When the torn ACL is replaced with a tendon, it is known as a graft.
Three different types of grafts used during ACL reconstruction surgery are:
Autograph: In this procedure, your doctor will replace the torn ACL with a tendon from other parts of your body like the thigh and hamstring.
Allograft: During this procedure, your doctor will use tissue from a donor.
Synthetic graft: In this procedure, your doctor will replace the torn ligament with artificial materials.
The doctor will usually use arthroscopic surgery during ACL reconstruction. Your doctor will insert a tiny camera and tools through small cuts around the knee. ACL reconstruction usually takes one hour. Your doctor will put you to sleep under general anaesthesia and then perform the surgery.
- He or she will place the graft at the required place. And then, your doctor will drill two holes in your knee.
- They will pot one bone above your knee and then another bone below it. Screws will be used to support the graft.
- With time, your ligament will be healthy once again.
- Your doctor may recommend you wear a brace around your knee to protect the joint.
Bridge-enhanced ACL repair (BEAR)
During this surgery, the torn ACL does not need replacement and it heals on its own. Your doctor will insert a tiny sponge between the torn ends of the ACL into your knee. Your blood will be injected into the sponge and the torn ends of the ACL will be stitched into the sponge. The sponge will support the ACL. The torn ligament will grow and heal over time.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the benefits of ACL reconstruction at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
The benefits of ACL reconstruction include:
- The torn or damaged tendon will be replaced with a healthy tendon.
- Your knee will heal and function normally.
- You can resume your sports without any obstacles.
- This will help you to enjoy long term knee health.
- Without surgery, you may have a chance of knee damage in the future.
Side effects of ACL reconstruction
- Breathing problems
- Bleeding from the wound
- Knee pain
- Stiffness and pain in your knee
- Blood clots
- The graft is not healing
- Complications due to anaesthesia
How to prepare for ACL reconstruction at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
Before ACL reconstruction, your doctor will do some tests to assess the level of your injury. Your doctor may do x-rays and MRI scans to measure the structure of the knee and the bone.
Your doctor may recommend physical therapy before the surgery to reduce the swelling in the knee and to improve the strength of the muscles. You will need proper nutrition before surgery.
Your doctor may suggest:
- Avoiding alcohol, nicotine and caffeine before the surgery.
- Taking nutritional supplements like vitamin C, multivitamins and zinc in the weeks leading to surgery.
Before the surgery is performed, your doctor will assess your injury and will suggest the graft treatment suitable for you. After the surgery, he or she may suggest a rehab plan to ease the pain in your knee.
ACL injury requires proper care and surgery. After the surgery, many patients suffer from pain and inflammation.
ACL surgery takes two hours or less than it.
Yes, screws are used in ACL surgery.