Best Audiometry Test in C Scheme, Jaipur
Hearing loss is a common problem faced by the aged people. Age can trigger hearing loss. Other factors like loud noise, ear infections, injury or birth defects can also worsen your hearing problems. If you are facing some hearing problems, you need to consult your doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur in order to prevent permanent hearing loss. Audiometry is a test done to check your hearing. It will test how well you can hear. It will also help your doctor to diagnose other issues like intensity, balance and tone of sound related to your inner ear. An audiologist is someone who specializes in treating and diagnosing hearing loss.
How is Audiometry performed?
There are various tests involved in audiometry. You have to go through these tests to see how well you can hear.
- Tone test: In this procedure, your audiologist will use an audiometer. An audiometer is a machine which will play sound via earphones or headphones. This test will see whether you can hear the quietest sound at different pitches. He or she will play different sounds like tone or speech. The sounds will be played at different intervals. It will be played in one ear at one time. This will help your audiologist to determine the range of your hearing. He or she will ask you to raise your hand if you can hear the sound easily.
- Word test: This test is done to see whether you can differentiate between background sound and speech. Your audiologist will play a sound. And then he or she will ask you to repeat the words you can hear. This test will help you to recognize words which are useful to diagnose your hearing loss.
- Vibration test: During this test, your audiologist will use a tuning fork. This tuning fork will help to determine whether you can hear vibrations or not. In this test, your audiologist will put this tuning fork (a metal device) against your mastoid (bone located behind the back of your ear). This will help your audiologist to determine how well the vibrations can pass through your inner ear. He or she may also use a bone oscillator, a mechanical device which functions like the tuning fork.
After the tests, your doctor will give you some medications and preventive measures depending on your hearing ability. He may recommend ear plugs or a hearing aid so that you can hear well.
This test will take one hour or less.
What are the advantages of Audiometry?
The advantages of audiometry include:
- Audiometry will help your audiologist to diagnose your hearing problems.
- With the help of this test, the specialist at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur will prescribe medications and other preventive measures.
- This test is not painful. It does not cause any discomfort.
- Your audiologist may recommend hearing aids or earplugs after the test.
- It will help to diagnose other problems of the inner ear like infection, damaged eardrum or other ear diseases.
What are the complications associated with audiometry?
Reports say that there are no complications associated with audiometry. It is painless and noninvasive. If the test is conducted under sedatives, there may be some side effects.
How to prepare for audiometry?
There are no such preparations for audiometry. You just have to book an appointment and visit the audiologist in Jaipur. If the test will be done under sedatives, then you may be advised not to eat anything prior to the test.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
No, audiometry is a test that does not cause any pain or discomfort in your ear.
Audiometry takes one hour or less
Yes, audiometry is completely safe and does not cause any harm to your ear.