Liposuction Surgery in C-scheme, Jaipur
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove excess fat from specific areas of the body. The body parts that may require liposuction include the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, waist, chest area, upper arms, back, cheeks, chin, neck, or calves. Besides removing excess fat deposits, liposuction also contours or shapes the area of the body. Liposuction is not an alternative for weight loss. However, it can be preferred if excess fat is developing in a specific area and the rest of the body is at a stable weight.
What Is the Procedure to Perform Liposuction?
Before the surgery, a patient has to go through a series of tests ensuring whether they are fit for the surgery to be performed. The patient is asked to sign a consent form regarding all the risks and benefits resulting after the surgery. Depending on the area to be treated and whether there had been a liposuction surgery in the past, the surgeon at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur can choose any of the following techniques to carry out the procedure:
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: During this technique, a metal rod is inserted that is capable of emitting ultrasonic energy under the skin. These ruptures and breaks the walls of the fat cells making it easier to remove the fat. The new generation of Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is used to reduce skin injury and improve the shape of the skin.
- Tumescent liposuction: This is the most common type among the other liposuction techniques. The surgeon injects the sterile mixture of saltwater, an anaesthetic, and a drug. The saltwater aids the fat removal, an anaesthetic relieves the pain and the drug is used to constrict the blood. The surgeon makes small incisions and inserts a cannula under the skin. A cannula is a thin hollow instrument with a high-pressure vacuum applied to it. The instrument sucks the fat deposits and fluids from the body.
- Laser-assisted liposuction: In this technique, the surgeon uses high laser light that breaks down the light. During the surgery, the surgeon inserts the laser fibre, through a small incision or the cut emulsifying the deposits. A cannula is then inserted to remove the fat that is broken down.
- Power-assisted liposuction: This technique is chosen to remove large fat deposits. The cannula is inserted back and forth to remove huge fat deposits. The vibration allows the surgeon to remove more fat easily and faster and with more precision.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Who is the right candidate for liposuction?
The following people would make a good candidate for liposuction:
- People who do not smoke
- People who are 30% of their ideal weight
- People who have firm and healthy skin
What Are the Benefits of Liposuction?
Liposuction is done for cosmetic purposes. However, they are also done to treat the following:
- Lipomas: Benign, fatty tumors
- Extreme weight loss after obesity: A person who loses 40% of their body BMI require this surgery to remove excess skin and different other abnormalities
- Gynecomastia: This surgery is required when an excess of fat gets collected under a man’s breast.
- Lipodystrophy syndrome: The fat gets collected in a specific part of the body and is lost in another part. Liposuction is done to distribute the fat and give a normal looking experience
What Are the Side Effects of Liposuction?
Following side effects, risks or complications may occur after the surgery of liposuction:
- Severe bruising that lasts for several weeks
- Contour irregularities
- The affected area may feel numb
- There may be an allergic reaction to the medications of the tool used during the surgery
- The skin may get inflamed after the surgery and fluid may start oozing.
- A blood clot may form in the veins causing inflammation or infection
There will be swelling, bruising, or soreness around the area after the surgery for several weeks. The surgeon at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur recommends the patient wear compression garments for a couple of months after surgery to control swelling.
Liposuction is the removal of fat cells permanently. However, if the proper diet and care are not maintained, the fat cells might grow even bigger. The liposuction results are generally long-lasting as long as you maintain your weight.