Podiatric Services Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Podiatry or podiatric services come under the branch of medicine that deals with disorders of the foot, ankle, and other parts of the legs. Certain medical conditions like arthritis, diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol levels, heart diseases, or poor blood circulation, can lead to chronic issues in the feet. Diagnosis of such problems and treatment on time can help resolve and reduce serious and persistent medical issues in the feet. A podiatrist can be of help in such cases.
Podiatrists are doctors who specialize in disorders of the foot. They can help diagnose as well as treat any injuries or complications in the feet caused due to other medical conditions and perform surgery if required.
You can look for podiatric services for a variety of medical conditions related to the feet. These include:
- Persistent pain in the heel
- Fractures or sprains in the leg or foot
- Foot nail disorders
- Growing pains in the leg or foot
- Morton’s neuroma
- Foot or nail infections
- Smelly feet
- Flat feet
- Ligament or muscle pain
- Wound care
- Ulcers or tumors
When to see a podiatrist at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
Contact a podiatrist at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur in case you experience the following signs in your feet for a prolonged period:
- Cracks or cuts in the skin of the feet
- Unwanted and unhealthy growths
- Peeling or scaling on the soles
- Discolouration of toenails
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What to expect when visiting a podiatrist at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
Your experience when you see a podiatrist for the first time would be similar to visiting any other medical specialist. You will be questioned about the issues you are facing, your medical history as well as any surgeries or medications you have had in the past. The podiatrist might also run tests like blood test, nail swab, ultrasound, X-ray, or MRI scan to help him diagnose any underlying conditions that may be causing you discomfort in the legs or feet.
Then the podiatrist would run a physical examination of your legs and feet to check any abnormal motions taking place inside them. As a solution, physical therapy, padding, or orthotics(use of artificial devices like braces), may be suggested to treat the problems you are facing.
In case your problem can be fixed through immediate treatment or surgery like administration of pain medication, wound dressing, removal of infected toenails or splinters, etc., the podiatrist may provide the required medical help at the moment.
What are the benefits of seeing a podiatrist?
- A podiatrist can help you resolve any issues related to your feet or legs that can hinder your daily activities like going to work, travelling anywhere without external support and discomfort, etc.
- If you are in a profession that requires continuous walking or standing, seeing a podiatrist can be beneficial for you in many ways as pressure on feet and limbs for long hours can lead to many chronic issues.
- If you have any medical conditions that are associated with foot disorders, you may be at a higher risk of developing them. Regularly visiting a podiatrist can help keep a check on your physical health and take the necessary precautions.
- If you are planning to start running regularly, there are increased chances of you experiencing pain in the legs or feet. This can be due to various reasons like the type and size of shoes. A podiatrist can help you decide the right type and size of running shoes that would be appropriate for running without any discomfort being caused.
Make sure that you visit a podiatrist in case you experience any discomfort or persistent pain for long periods since it can be due to serious underlying medical conditions.
Signs of redness, swelling, persistent pain and puss-like fluids being excreted by the toenail can be symptoms of an infection inside.
Podiatrists are not medical doctors but specialists with a degree in doctor of podiatric medicine or DPM.