Laser Treatment for Fissure in Hyderabad
Sometimes, due to a trauma or an injury, the anal canal can stretch. This leads to a tear in the anus’ lining. This condition is known as anal fissures. It can occur if you pass large and hard stools. This leads to blood during or after the bowel movements. This can also cause a lot of pain. The fissure that lasts for more than 8 weeks is termed as a chronic fissure. The laser treatment for fissure at Apollo Spectra, Chennai aims to provide you with relief from discomfort and pain.
• A tear that is visible in the skin around the anus
• A small lump of skin next to tear known as a skin tag
• Itching and burning sensation in the anal area
• Blood streaks on stool and toilet paper
• Pain during the bowel movements
- Frequent diarrhea
- Chronic constipation
- Spastic or overly tight anal sphincter muscles
- Strain during childbirth
- Blood flow is decreased to the anorectal areaInflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease
In some rare cases, it can be caused by:
- Anal cancer
- Always keep the anal area dry
- Treat diarrhea immediately
- Clean the anal area with mild soap and water
- Drink lots of fluids
- Exercise regularly
- Eat fibrous foods
- Frequently change the diaper of an infant
At first, the doctor will suggest some non-surgical treatment methods including:
- Topical Anesthetic creams that help in providing relief from pain and discomfort.
- Blood pressure medications that will relax the anal sphincter.
- Botox injection to relax the spasms by paralyzing the anal sphincter muscle
- Nitroglycerin to increase the blood flow to the fissure and help in relaxing the anal sphincter. It might cause side effects like a headache.
Partial laser treatment
Performed under general anesthesia, the partial laser treatment is a minimally invasive procedure in which a small incision is made in the internal sphincter. This not only provides relief from pain but also reduces the strain during the bowel movements. To perform this procedure, you need a highly trained and knowledgeable surgeon to make sure the whole treatment is completed in a smooth manner.
Available at the Apollo Spectra, Hyderabad, this procedure is carried out using an advanced and innovative technology. There is no blood loss during this procedure. It will help you get rid of your pain and discomfort completely and permanently. There is some traditional surgery method like the internal sphincterotomy in which a small incision is made in the anal sphincter to get rid of the pain and pressure.
- Minimal downtime
- Same day surgery
- Zero to minimal blood loss
- No discomfort