Laser Treatment for Fissure in Mumbai
Sometimes, due to a trauma or an injury, the anal canal can stretch. This leads to a tear in the anus’ lining. This condition is known as anal fissures. It can occur if you pass large and hard stools. This leads to blood during or after the bowel movements. This can also cause a lot of pain. The fissure that lasts for more than 8 weeks is termed as a chronic fissure. The laser treatment for fissure at Apollo Spectra, Chennai aims to provide you with relief from discomfort and pain.
Anal Fissure is a small cut or opening in the anal canal. This often leads to bleeding, pain and discomfort even during the normal process of sitting or during defecation. The irregular human lifestyle plays a major role in causing a fissure. While, causes can be many, proper diagnosis and treatment can reduce the possibility of complications.
At Apollo Spectra, our experts are pioneers in offering the most effective treatment for anal fissures in Mumbai.
Fissure can be caused by common abnormalities of human lifestyle like:
Too much stress
- Drinking inadequate amount of water
- Consuming fiber less diet
- Unhygienic living
- Not keeping the anal area dry
- Lifting heavy weights
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Too much pressure while defecating
- Not investing time for exercises
- Sexually transmitted infections
These abnormal lifestyles can be major causes towards fissures.
Some natural techniques to avoid fissure are:
- Exercising regularly
- Drinking plenty of water
- Keeping the body and anal area clean and dry
- Increasing intake of fibrous foods
- Taking sitz bath
- Pelvic floor physiotherapy
- Taking prescribed medication
Symptoms for anal fissure include:
- Acute pain experienced while passing stool
- Stools coated in blood
- Tear or crack in the visible anal skin.
- Itching around the anal area
- Small skin tag observed around the anal fissure
- Pus observed at the anal fissure
1) Rectal Examination: Specialist may insert a finger or tool to examine the anal opening and surrounding to understand the extent of severity
2) Sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy: A diagnostic test involving the insertion of a flexible viewing tube to inspect the rectum and the interiors of the anus may be required to determine if there are underlying anal diseases
If an anal fissure is diagnosed, the doctor may advise on non-invasive medications to treat the anal fissures. These include some OTC medications. These are advised to relax the anal sphincter muscles without the need of surgery.
If these non-invasive treatments don’t prove to be effective or there is a recurrence of anal fissures, doctors may advise for surgical procedures to remove anal fissures. One of the most common and less painful surgical treatment includes the Laser Treatment. Such treatments are called as Laser Internal Sphincterotomy.
Laser surgery is done to suppress the abnormal growth of fissures by reducing the blood supply to the fissure site
The benefits of laser fissure treatment include
Lesser operating time as compared to other surgical procedures
- Less post-operative pain
- Same day discharge from hospital
- The possibility of surrounding tissue damage is drastically reduced
- The possibility of infection minimal
- Lesser recovery time
- Normal physical activity can be resumed sooner
- Intake of painkillers is reduced.
- Normal anal sphincter action is preserved. Minimal chances of incontinence
- Requires no incisions or suturing
Laser treatments require precision and focus on safety. Improper use may have adverse bio stimulation effects. They lead to an increased blood supply and have been a huge success.
Laser treatment is known to prevent the recurrence of anal fissures to a great extent. It is also known to effectively aid in greater epidermal growth, increase collagen formation, vascular structure growth and provide complete healing. In rare cases of recurrence like in case of Crohn’s disease, a lateral internal sphincterotomy may be required.
As a new advent of treatment, laser treatment can only be performed by experts. Apollo Spectra is a leader in providing laser treatment for fissure in Mumbai. You can explore the process and the possibility of treatment with our experts. Our experts are amiable and will be happy to assist you with any doubts that you may have.