Laser Treatment for Fissure in Pune
An anal fissure is a tear or cuts in the anal lining. The crack developed in the skin can cause extreme pain and even lead to bleeding after you pass stools. The fissures can become very deep and the muscle tissue beneath it can be seen. Generally, it is not a serious condition, but it can affect people of all age groups. Usually, it should heal within four weeks, but when it doesn’t, treatment is very important.
- You may see a tear around the anus
- You may see a skin tag or a small lump of skin just near the tear
- You may experience sharp pain
- You may bleed while passing the stools
- You may feel burn or itch in the anal area
- When you put too much strain during childbirth or bowel movements
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- The blood flow in the anorectal area may decrease
- The sphincter muscles are tight
- Hard stools can lead to fissures as it puts too much strain and pressure on the anus.
- Diarrhea leads to frequent and forceful bowel movements causing a tear
- Latrogenic – When the thermometer or a probe is conducted, it may cause a tear.
- Anal sex
- Medical conditions
Other rare situations where one develops fissure are; anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis, syphilis, herpes.
- Botulinum A toxin injection – It is Botox, which is injected into the inside of the anal sphincter in order to keep it relaxed. This effect stays for almost 3 months and by that time the fissures will heal.
- Partial Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy – This is a minimally invasive procedure, which is conducted under the general anesthesia. During this procedure, a cut is made in the insides of the sphincter. It provides pain relief and the straining is reduced. To perform this surgery, necessary skills are required, which our specialists at Apollo Spectra have.
- Laser treatment for fissure in Pune – The laser treatment is extremely beneficial and promotes faster healing. The laser treatment is performed on the insides of the sphincterotomy. It is a bloodless procedure and the surgeons make sure they perform the treatment methodically and accurately. Also, with this treatment, the chronic fibrosis scar is reduced with a laser. It prevents any discomfort and recovery is also quicker.
- One of the main benefits of a laser therapy is that it promotes faster healing.
- It is a bloodless procedure that reduces the pain sooner.
- After the procedure, you may resume work sooner than other types of surgeries.
- During this procedure, the anal sphincter is rectified, so you will not experience any fecal incontinence or a fecal leak.
- The time taken to complete the procedure is very less, hence, you don’t have to spend too much time in the hospital.
- Since it reduces the discomfort and pain faster, your mood also enhances.