Neurologist doctor in Kanpur
A doctor who specializes in a branch of medicine, which studies, diagnoses, and treats all the disorders related to the nervous system is known as a neurologist. Our nervous system is a complicated structure, which makes sure all the bodily functions happen smoothly. It is divided into two categories;
- Central nervous system – This includes the brain and the spinal cord
- Peripheral nervous system – This includes all the neutral organs, such as eyes, ears, and other remaining sensory recipients.
A neurologist is an expert who treats conditions related to the brain, spinal cord, and the nerves. The disorders treated by a neurologist are;
- Cerebrovascular disease, which includes stroke
- Demyelinating diseases
- Brain infections
- The central and peripheral nervous system
- Disorders affecting mobility
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Seizure disorder
- Spinal cord disorder
- Speech and language disorder
Neurologists don’t perform surgery. If they feel a surgery is required, they will recommend you to a neurosurgeon.
When the blood supply doesn’t reach a part of the brain, it doesn’t receive the necessary oxygen and nutrients required to function accordingly. Hence, the cells begin to die within a few minutes after the supply is stopped. A stroke requires immediate medical treatment. It is categorized as a medical emergency. If the patient receives treatment immediately, it can reduce the damage of the brain and prevent further complications. Fortunately, strokes can be treated and prevented. The symptoms of this condition include;
- Trouble speaking and even understanding what is being said. The patient may feel confused and slur the words while speaking.
- Paralysis or numbness occurs in the face, arm or the leg. It can be a sudden occurrence and can happen only on one side of the body.
- The patient will not be able to see either with one eye or both the eyes or may experience blurry vision.
- A sudden headache, vomiting, dizziness can also be an indication of a stroke
- Trouble walking
Parkinson’s is a nervous system disorder, which affects the patient’s movement. The symptoms start to occur gradually, which you may not even notice at first, such as tremors in just one hand, etc. As this condition progresses, you may notice other symptoms, such as stiffness and the movement becomes slow.
During the early stages of this condition, your face may start to show very little or even zero expression. You may not be able to swing your arms as you used to while walking and even your walk will miss the skip. The condition becomes worse as it grows. However, despite having no cure for this disorder, with proper treatment, it can be managed significantly. The signs and symptoms of this disorder are not the same for all. However, it includes;
- Shaking or tremor in your limbs, such as hands or fingers
- Movement becomes very slow
- The muscles in the body become stiff or rigid
- Posture becomes impaired and you may lose balance more often
- You will lose the ability to perform the involuntary movements, such as blinking
- Your speech changes
- Your handwriting changes
In this condition, the patient starts losing his or her memory and other necessary mental functions. When this condition occurs, the patient may show mild symptoms, such as difficulty remembering or confusion. Eventually, as the disease progresses, the patients may even forget the most important people in their life and become a different personality altogether.
It is one of the most common forms of dementia where a group of brain conditions cause the depletion of intellectual and social skills. In Alzheimer’s, the brain cells become corrupt and then they die. This is the reason why patients suffering from this condition show a decline in their memory and mental functions.
Although there is no cure present, with treatment, this disorder can be managed significantly. There are various symptoms and signs of this disorder, some of them are;
- Memory loss
- Losing their ability to reason and think
- Improper judgments and decisions, such as they may leave food burning on the stove
- Unable to perform their favorite activities
- Changes in their personality and their behavior
- They may also go through depression, apathy, cutting down their social life, severe mood swings, distrust in people, and even delusions
Neurological disorders need the right treatment, care, compassion and more. At Apollo Spectra, this is exactly what you will receive. Our experts are highly qualified and come with a vast experience. In their career, they have handled various complicated cases and know how to handle them. Our doctors are always involved in studies and research in order to bring innovative treatments to the patients. Our facility is comprised of state-of-the-art technology, which our doctor combine with futuristic techniques to provide the best care.