Orthopaedic Doctor in Pune
Orthopaedics is a branch of medicine, whose main focus lies on the detection, correction, treatment, and prevention of the disorders related to the musculoskeletal system of the human body. The main parts of this system include; skin, nerves, joints, bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and nerves. The orthopaedic doctors treat men, women, and even children.
Treatment – According to your condition, our orthopaedic doctor in Pune, at Apollo Spectra will prescribe the right treatment, which includes; medications, exercises, casting, and even surgery.
Rehabilitation – They might recommend exercises or therapy which helps with movement, building strength, and rectifying functionality.
Prevention – Our orthopaedic doctors in Pune will help you with prevention plans and educate you on how you can maintain your musculoskeletal health.
If you ever notice any musculoskeletal symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor. Maybe you may feel it is just a molehill, but you never know when it can turn into a mountain. Therefore, prevention is always better than cure.
- You may notice that you are having troubles doing your normal activities. Usually, older people may suffer from bone and joint discomfort, but if the struggle to even do normal activities, such as climbing the stairs or walking becomes a problem then you need medical advice.
- You are experiencing chronic pain, which has lasted for more than 12 weeks then you must not stay in discomfort. You need professional help to help you cure your condition.
- Your mobility becomes limited.
- You are having problems with your balance, such as feeling shaky or wobbly while doing even the most basic chores, like walking, sitting. In these cases, you must visit your orthopaedic doctor in Pune, at Apollo Spectra for a proper treatment.
- If you have recently suffered from an injury, like a sprain or a twisted ankle, which hasn’t improved in 2 days, then it is best you talk to our orthopaedist.
Fractures are a common type of bone injury, which can occur in people of any age. A condition is called a fracture when the bone becomes broken. Generally, fractures occur when there is a fall or an accident. There are various types of fractures;
- Avulsion fracture – when a muscle or ligament pull leads to a fracture
- Comminuted fracture – During this type of fracture, the bone gets broken into several pieces.
- Fracture dislocation – When a fracture occurs, and a joint dislocation takes place in one of the joints.
- Hairline fracture – Here, only a little part of the bone is broken and is detected with the help of an x-ray.
- Impacted fracture – When a bone becomes fractures, one piece of the bone gets inside another.
- Intraarticular fracture – When the broken bone reaches the joint surface
- Longitudinal fracture – The bone breakage is the same as its bone length.
- Oblique fracture – A diagonal fracture
- Pathological fracture – This fracture occurs because of the weak bones that occur due to a medical condition.
- Spiral fracture – It is a fracture where a part of the complete bone has been twisted.
- Stress fracture – It is a common condition amongst athletes. When the bone becomes overused, it can cause a fracture.
- Torus fracture – Also known as buckle fracture, it is a condition where the bone doesn’t break but loses its form. It is a painful condition, which is mostly seen in children.
- Transverse fracture – It is a straight break, that occurs just across the bone.
• Arthritis – It is a condition where the joints become inflamed. There are several types of arthritis, but the most common ones are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Pain management – At Apollo Spectra Pune, we provide treatment for both acute and chronic care.
• Sports injuries – As a sportsman, one can face several sports injuries, but with our help, you can prevent an injury from interfering with your sport.
• Surgeries – we conduct back and spine surgery, joint replacement surgery and so much more.