Piles, also known as known as hemorrhoids, refer to swelled up blood vessels in the bottom area i.e. anal canal. It is an elongation of the naturally occurring meshwork of blood vessels lining the anal canal. It is a painful condition which can affect both men as well as a woman of any age group, however, it is more prevalent in older people. Piles can be categorized into either internal or external piles. Some people can develop both types of piles at the same time. Internal piles are usually deep into the anal canal, while external piles occur near the surface of the anal canal.
At Apollo Spectra, we have the best piles doctor in Kanpur, who provide the most effective treatment for this discomforting condition.
Piles or hemorrhoids are basically masses, cushions of tissue full of blood vessels, support tissue, muscle and elastic fibers present in the anal canal. This painful condition occurs when these hemorrhoids become swollen. The swelling of hemorrhoids can be caused by a wide range of reasons. Some common causes of piles include-
- Straining when passing a stool – Putting a lot of strain while passing stool is one of the most common causes of piles in patients. Straining causes an irritation of the veins to cause them to rupture and lead to swollen hemorrhoids.
- Suffering from Chronic constipation- Chronic constipation can be caused due to gastrointestinal issues. People suffering from chronic constipation put a lot of strain in order to pass stool which causes the veins to damage and inflame.
- Indulging in strenuous work or lifting heavy weights- Indulging in arduous tasks or lifting heavy weight can put an increased pressure on the anus. This can cause a swelling of the veins in the anus or rectum.
- Pregnancy- Pregnancy causes plenty of hormonal changes in a woman’s body. Due to the strain caused by these changes, hemorrhoids may occur.
- Excessive straining, rubbing or cleaning around the anus- Using harsh ways while cleaning around the anus may also cause the veins to damage and lead to piles.
- Anal intercourse- Some people may develop hemorrhoids as a consequence of anal intercourse.
Piles can be an extremely uncomfortable and painful condition for many. The swelling of the tissue and prolapse may cause a lot of discomfort for the patients and may hinder their quality of life. In case you are experiencing the following symptoms of piles, see a doctor immediately to get a solution for this condition-
- Bleeding from the anus
- Pain during bowel movements
- Pain while sitting
- Painful swelling and a mass or a lump near the anus
- Itching in the anus
- Hard lump around the anus
- Mucous discharge from the anus
- Redness and soreness in the area surrounding anus.
- A general feeling of discomfort in your anus.
Are you experiencing the symptoms of piles? Book an Appointment with Apollo Spectra, Kanpur and get treated best piles doctor in Kanpur!
If a doctor suspects that you have piles, he may use a number of diagnostic techniques to confirm it and to determine the cause behind it. The doctor may start the diagnosis by performing a physical examination of your anus. If he confirms the presence of this condition he may perform a digital rectal exam to check for signs of piles inside the anus.
In cases of where the doctor suspects internal piles, he may perform an additional test called sigmoidoscopy. Under this diagnostic test, the doctor will insert a small tube with fiber-optic into your rectum, to check for internal hemorrhoid. A sigmoidoscope provides a clear view of internal hemorrhoid and can also help detect any complications.
At Apollo Spectra, we use cutting-edge technology for the diagnosis of piles and any complications associated with it.
Piles can be treated in a number of ways depending on the severity of the condition. Some commonly used treatment options include-
- Lastic ligature- This is one of the most commonly used and effective treatments for piles. In an elastic ligature, an elastic band is placed at the base of the dilated vein which blocks blood circulation hemorrhoid. This causes it to shrink and break down.
- Sclerosing Treatment or Sclerotherapy- In this treatment, a chemical is injected at the base of hemorrhoid which causes it to harden and retract.
- Coagulation- In this procedure, infrared rays are directed to the vein providing blood to hemorrhoid. This blocks the blood supply causing hemorrhoid to retract.
- Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty- This is a minimally invasive procedure in which laser beams are applied to the target tissue which causes a narrowing or closing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the hemorrhoids. This leads to the deflation and drying of the hemorrhoids.
Doctors at Apollo Spectra, Kanpur deal with hundreds of hemorrhoid cases in a year using the most advanced methods. The doctors perform a thorough clinical examination to aptly diagnose the condition and provide the most suited treatment based on their investigation. At Apollo Spectra, our goal is to provide patients with home-like comfort and a speedy recovery.