Piles treatment in Delhi
Also known as haemorrhoids, it is a group of tissue in the anal cavity, which has become inflamed. It is made of blood vessels, support tissue, muscle, and elastic fibers. Today, several people suffer from this condition, but since the symptoms are not obvious, they don’t get treated for it immediately. The haemorrhoids can come in different sizes and can occur both internally and externally. The internal piles are generally present above the opening of the anus, from anywhere between 2-4 centimetres. External piles are present just at the outer edge of the anus.
Usually, piles is not a severe condition and it gets rectified on its own in a few days. However, the symptoms include;
You may feel a hard lump near the anus. This lump may be filled with coagulated blood. And, this type of piles is known as thrombosed external haemorrhoids.
- Despite passing stools, you may feel like the bowels are still full.
- After you pass stools, you may notice blood.
- The area surrounding the anus becomes tender, red, and itchy.
- You may experience pain after passing the stool.
If the piles become extremely severe, you may notice the following symptoms;
- Bleeding from the anus becomes too much, which can even cause anaemia.
Infections may occur.
- Fecal incontinence – A condition where you are unable to control the bowel movements.
Anal fistula – A condition where a new channel gets created between the inside of the anus and the surface skin near the anus.
- A strangulated haemorrhoid – In this condition, the blood supply doesn’t reach the haemorrhoids, which can cause infection and even blood clot.
Piles are categorized into four grades. They are;
- Grade I Here, in the inner lining of the anus, small inflammations occur. They cannot be seen.
- Grade II They are bigger than grade I piles. And, they are also present inside the anus. Because of the pressure of the stools, they may get pushed out but can return without any help.
- Grade III Also known as prolapsed hemorrhoids, it occurs on the outside of the anus. You might feel them suspended from the rectum, however, they can be put back inside easily.
- Grade IV They are extremely large and are present outside the anus. Due to their size, they cannot be pushed back, and treatment becomes necessary.
External piles are small masses located at the edge of the anus, on the outside. It can cause pain if there is a blood clot and can be very itchy. The blood clots can cut the supply of the blood. If the clot occurs, immediate medical treatment is required.
When the pressure becomes too much in the lower rectum, it leads to piles. The pressure causes the blood vessels and the rectum to stretch. And, because of this swelling or a bulge may occur, leading to piles. This happens because of; chronic constipation, chronic diarrhoea, lifting weights that are too heavy, pregnancy, too much strain while passing stools. Piles can also be an inherited condition and the risk factors increase with age.
At Apollo Spectra, your doctor will first conduct a complete physical evaluation and take a look at the anus. If the doctor suspects internal piles, he may conduct a digital rectal examination or DRE or can even make use of a proctoscope. This device is a thin empty tube, which is attached to a light. With the help of this device, your doctor will take a look inside the anal cavity. Your doctor may also collect a sample of the tissue from inside the rectum. This is then sent to the lab for further analysis. Your doctor may also recommend colonoscopy if the symptoms resemble that of other digestive disorders or show the signs of cancer
The doctor at Apollo spectra will begin the pile’s treatment with helping you make wise lifestyle choices. This is extremely necessary to treat this condition. Since the piles occur because of the pressure when you pass the stools, it is mandatory that you take care of your diet. This includes eating more fibrous food and consuming bran-based food, especially during breakfast. If your weight is too much, it can make the condition worse. Hence, it is important to maintain your ideal weight. The doctors at Apollo Spectra will also prescribe medications if necessary. In very rare cases, surgery may also be performed.
Apollo Spectra is an integrated health care system, with the main aim to provide exceptional medical treatment in this country. For people suffering from piles, we offer the best care possible. Our specialists come with immense knowledge and a vast experience in order to provide excellent treatments, which is both effective and affordable.