Rheumatologist in Delhi
Rheumatology is a branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic or musculoskeletal diseases which affect the joints tendons, ligaments, bones, and muscles. Physicians who have expertise in rheumatology are called rheumatologists. The rheumatologists at Apollo Spectra work efficiently in diagnosing and treating the various rheumatological conditions. At Apollo Spectra, Delhi we are equipped with a team of the best rheumatologists of the county who aim to treat all kinds of rheumatic conditions.
- Joint stiffness
- Joint pain.
- Redness or swelling of affected areas
- Pain and swelling in multiple joints
- Muscle pain
- Restricted movement of joints
- Pain between shoulder blades and in the neck
- Lower back pain that worsens and reaches up to the spine
- Sensitivity to sun rays
- Hair loss
- Blue toes and/or fingers when exposed to cold. This could be a sign of Raynaud’s phenomenon.
- Rashes, including a “butterfly” rash across the cheeks, a sign of lupus, a kind of autoimmune disease
- Problems in other organs such as the kidneys.
At Apollo Spectra, the rheumatologists thoroughly assess your symptoms, perform a diagnostic exam and suggest the treatment based on their investigations.
• Osteoarthritis- Osteoarthritis, also known as the degenerative joint disease, is a condition which causes inflammation of the joints. The wear and tear away of the joint occurs when the cartilage or cushion which lies between the joints breaks down, causing stiffness, swelling, and pain. The rheumatologists at Apollo Spectra, Delhi, diagnose and treat osteoarthritis by thoroughly examining the patient’s medical history, carrying out a physical examination and providing the most suited treatment. Certain laboratory tests including X-rays and MRI scans may also be performed.
• Rheumatoid arthritis- It is an autoimmune disorder which leads to a chronic inflammation in the joints and other parts of the body. In this chronic disease, the immune system attacks synovium, leading to major inflammation. The inflammation causes joint pains, joint stiffness, joint warmth, swollen joint, limping, joint redness and deformity. This condition has no known cure, however, timely diagnosis and treatment can help in preventing the disease from aggravating. At Apollo Spectra, we provide the best treatments to lessen joint inflammation, pain, and deformity and to restore or improve joint function.
• Juvenile idiopathic arthritis- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) is a relatively common type of arthritis found in children and it has no known origin. This type of arthritis is often accompanied by symptoms such as fevers and rashes. At Apollo Spectra, our rheumatologists work in close association with the paediatricians to provide the best treatment to your child.
• Gout- Gout is a type of arthritis which causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that sprouts suddenly. Gout is the result of a uric acid buildup in the joints. Rheumatologists at Apollo Spectra, Delhi, have expertise in diagnosing and treating gout.
• Psoriatic arthritis- It is a type of arthritis which is connected to the skin disease- Psoriasis. It is a disease which causes itchy, scaly red patches to appear on your skin and/or scalp. Some people with Psoriasis are affected by psoriatic arthritis which typically results in stiff, painful and inflamed joints.
• Ankylosing Spondylitis – It is a condition that majorly affects the hips, shoulders, spine, and knees area. We at Apollo Spectra, provide the most effective treatments for spondylitis which are sure to provide you with great comfort.