Rheumatologists in Hyderabad
Rheumatology is a sub-specialty in Medicine and Paediatrics, which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases. Rheumatic diseases are musculoskeletal diseases mainly involving the joints bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, soft tissues. This sub-specialty is also concerned with the study of autoimmune disorders (diseases in which the body’s immune system attacks healthy tissues in the body). Rheumatologists at Apollo Spectra Hospital, Hyderabad, deal with the various musculoskeletal diseases and autoimmune disorders. They use their expertise to diagnose and treat these disorders.
There is a wide range of rheumatological disorders. All these disorders may display different symptoms depending on their severity and the part of the body they affect. At Apollo Spectra, Hyderabad, the rheumatologists with their years of experience in the field suggest you see a rheumatologist in case you experience the following symptoms-
- Joint pain
- Redness or swelling of affected areas
- Joint stiffness
- Pain and swelling in multiple joints
- Muscle pain
- Restricted movement of joints
- Rashes, including a “butterfly” rash across the cheeks, a sign of lupus, a kind of autoimmune disease
- Sensitivity to sun rays
- Hair loss
- Blue toes and/or fingers when exposed to cold. This could be a sign of Raynaud’s phenomenon.
- Problems in other organs such as the kidneys.
- Lower back pain that worsens and reaches up to the spine
- Pain between shoulder blades and in the neck
In present times, there are over 150 plus rheumatic diseases which may have different causes. These diseases most commonly affect the bones, muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments. In some cases, however, rheumatic diseases can also affect different parts of the body as well. At Apollo Spectra, Hyderabad, Rheumatologists treat a number of rheumatological disorders on a regular basis. Some of the common rheumatic conditions that are treated at Apollo Spectra include-
- Gout – Gout is a form of arthritis which occurs as a result of excessive uric acid deposition in the bones. It is characterized by severe pain in foot or toe. Excessive uric acid is often caused due to kidney dysfunction. Gout is also linked to Obesity, hypertension and poor lifestyle habits. At Apollo Spectra, Hyderabad, our Rheumatologists prescribe medicines and other treatment methods, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Osteoarthritis- Osteoarthritis is a chronic condition which causes inflammation of the joints causing swelling, stiffness, and pain in the region. This condition is relatively common in older people, However, other factors such as weight, history of arthritis in the family add up to your chances of developing Osteoarthritis. The condition mostly occurs int he spine, knees, hips and toes area. At Apollo Spectra, Hyderabad, we make use of the latest technology for the diagnosis and treatment of osteoarthritis and aim at speedy recovery of those who seek help from us.
- Vasculitis – It is a condition that involves inflammation of the arteries and veins. This inflammation has no known cause and causes symptoms such as weakness, shortness of breath, lumps on the skin, red spots on the skin and more. At Apollo Spectra, the rheumatologists examine your symptoms and provide you with the best treatment plans to prevent the condition from worsening.
- Lupus- Lupus is an autoimmune disease which causes inflammation in various different organs of the body. This disease has no known cure and may also cause untimely death, if not treated on time. Lupus accompanies some common symptoms such as red patches, inflammation of lungs, heart and mouth sores. While Lupus cannot be cured, rheumatologists at Apollo Spectra may prescribe some anti-inflammatory medicines to keep it under control and prevent the condition from progressing. In more serious cases of organ damage, an organ transplant may be suggested.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis- It is a rheumatological condition that majorly affects the hip, spine, knee and shoulder areas. Rheumatologists at Apollo Spectra. Hyderabad provides the best diagnosis and treatment options for this condition and ensures a speedy recovery of all those suffering from this condition.
Some other common Rheumatic disorders include-
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Reactive Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthropathy
- Enteropathic Arthropathy
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)
Apollo Spectra, Hyderabad has a team of the top rheumatologists in the country who identify and treat a wide array of rheumatic conditions skilfully. They device individual treatment plans for all their patients in order to provide them with the best and most suited treatment.