Urology Hospital in Delhi
Also known as genitourinary surgery, urology is a branch of medicine, which deals with the disease related to the urinary tract of both male and female, and the male reproductive system.
Urinary tract infections (UTI)
Urinary tract infection is caused when the bacteria or other microbes move from the digestive tract to the urethra. These organisms are not visible to the naked eye. This infection can occur anywhere in the urinary tract. The symptoms of this condition; burning sensation while urinating, frequent urination, increase in the urge to urinate, bloody urine, cloudy urine, urine that is very dark, which resembles cola, a strong odor of urine, pelvic pain in women and rectal pain in men.
The upper track UTI can cause harm to the kidneys, which can lead to serious complications and can also be life-threatening, if the bacteria present in the damaged kidney, move into the bloodstream. This condition is known as urosepsis and can lead to very low blood pressure, shock, and even death.
The symptoms of upper tract UTI are; pain and tenderness in the upper back and sides, chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.
This is a condition where your loss of bladder control. It is very common and can be an embarrassing issue. Usually, it is more common in the elderly, and with the help of the urologist, you can treat it. There are five types of urinary incontinence;
- Stress incontinence – Here, the urinary leaks are caused because of the pressure exerted on the bladder. This can be caused by coughing, laughing, sneezing, etc.
- Urge incontinence – In this condition, you will feel the sudden urge to urinate, which then causes involuntary loss of urine. You may also feel the urge to urinate frequently throughout the night. It can be a result of an infection, neurological disorders, and even diabetes.
- Overflow incontinence – Urine will leak constantly because the bladder doesn’t empty.
- Functional incontinence – Because of a physical or mental deformity, the patient is unable to make it to the toilet on time. For instance, a person suffering from arthritis may find it difficult to unzip his pants quickly.
- Mixed incontinence – Here, the patient experiences more than one urinary incontinence.
Today, over 15% of couples suffer from male infertility. Infertility is a condition that doesn’t lead to pregnancy, despite having regular unprotected sex. When it comes to male infertility, there are no visible symptoms. However, the signs associated with it are;
- Problems maintaining or getting an erection
- Small amounts of ejaculation
- Low sex drive
- The occurrence of a lump, swellings, or experiencing pain in the testicles
- Abnormal growth of breasts
- Facial or body hair reduces
- Sperm count is too low
If you experience any of these signs or symptoms, it is important that you consult a urologist today for proper treatment.
Chronic kidney disease
Also known as chronic kidney failure, it is a condition where your kidneys lose their function gradually. The main responsibility of a kidney is to filter waste and to remove all the extra fluids from the blood. This is flushed out through the urine. When the kidney disease occurs, too much fluid, electrolytes, and waste start accumulating in the body. The symptoms of this condition are; nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, exhaustion, problems with sleep, urination amounts change, mental sharpness decrease, ankles and feet swell, too much itching, pain in the chest, breathlessness, and high blood pressure.
Going to the bathroom frequently is a sign of an enlarged prostate. Other symptoms of this condition include; leaking of urine, grey-like hair, and an enlarged prostate. There are various names associated with this condition, namely, benign prostate hyperplasia, BPH, etc. Other signs of this condition include; weak or slow urination, feeling like bladder is not completely empty, difficulty in urinating, feeling the urgency to urinate, frequent urination at night, and urinating minutes after previous urination.
There are several treatment procedures when it comes to enlarged prostates, such as medications, minimally-invasive methods, and surgery. Your doctor will decide the best course of treatment after a complete evaluation.
Apollo Spectra is one of the best medical facilities in the country. Our urology department comes with a state-of-the-art facility. Our doctors are vastly qualified and come up with the right treatments to cure the patients. With medications, surgery, and other modern techniques, our doctors offer comprehensive care to the patients. Our main aim is to provide excellent health care to all. Therefore, if you suspect a urological disorder, book your consultation today.