Best Abnormal Menstruation Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Women’s period cycle usually repeats after every 28 days. For most women, menstruation can occur between the period of 21 to 35 days and last for four to five days on average.
Abnormal menstruation occurs when this schedule gets disturbed in a woman’s body. Whether the period cycle occurs before 21 days or skips to 35 days or for a long term without going through pregnancy.
What are the symptoms of Abnormal Menstruation?
Abnormal menstruation is an irregularity in a usual period cycle that many women face in different stages of their life. You can face abnormal menstruation due to many reasons related to your health.
If you want to check whether your period cycle is normal or not, you can look for these signs or symptoms and can consult your doctor in Jaipur regarding the same.
- When your period cycle repeats in less than 21 days or gets skipped to next month making a gap of 35 days straight between the cycles, it might be a sign of abnormal menstruation.
- The most common symptom of abnormal menstruation is missing your periods for three to four months straight without any sign of pregnancy.
- Too heavy or too light menstrual flow than usual during your periods can also be a sign of having abnormal menstruation.
- If your periods last longer than seven days then you should consult your doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur.
- If you are facing chronic pain, cramping around your abdomen, nausea, or vomiting during your periods, it might be a sign of abnormal menstruation.
- If you notice blood spots after your menopause or during intercourse, you should contact your doctor.
What are the types of abnormal menstruation?
There are different conditions in which you can face abnormal menstruation. These medical conditions are responsible for abnormal menstruation: -
- Amenorrhea- In this condition, the menstrual cycle of a woman ceases for around 90 days or more. If you don’t have periods for a long time, unless you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have crossed menopause time, your period cycle is termed as abnormal.
- Oligomenorrhea- In this condition, you can face frequent periods repeating within 21 days.
- Dysmenorrhea- In this condition, you can face chronic pain and cramps near your abdominal region during your menstruation. A little discomfort is normal for most women but if you are facing unbearable chronic pain, you are advised to visit your doctor and get all necessary check-ups.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding-Abnormal bleeding refers to heavy blood flow during the menstruation period or if your period stays for longer than seven days. Blood during intercourse or after menstruation also leads to abnormal menstruation.
What are the causes of abnormal menstruation?
The several reasons that cause abnormal menstruation include: -
- Stressful lifestyle- A stressful lifestyle causes abnormal gain or loss of weight and menstruation-related hormone imbalance eventually leading to abnormal menstruation.
- Taking birth control pills- Birth control pills have hormones like Estrogen and Progestin. These hormones affect the hormone cycle in your body and can lead to delay in your periods. If you continue to take these pills regularly, you may face the problem of abnormal menstruation in the long run.
- Uterine Fibroids- Uterine fibroids are the tumors that are formed in your uterus. These tumors, attached to the wall of the uterus and varying in size and shape, can also cause abnormal menstruation.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)- In this condition, your ovaries start to make male hormone Androgen in large amounts, and because of that, fluid-filled sacs are formed inside the ovaries. This hormone change can delay or cease egg maturation resulting in failure to ovulate.
Abnormal menstruation is caused by many factors related to your body like a hormone imbalance or external factors like a stressful lifestyle. You are advised to visit your doctor if you face abnormal menstruation.
It is a curable disease which means that by getting proper treatment, you can get relief from the problem. Consult with your doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur and he or she will suggest the best treatment for your body.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
It varies from woman to woman. The cause, the treatment as well as the time it will take to recover will define the period for how long your irregular periods will last. You should consult with your doctor and take the necessary treatment for the cause.
When you face symptoms for abnormal periods like your period cycles repeating within 21 days or skips for 3 to 4 months, chronic pain and cramping, you should visit your doctor immediately.
DR. RENUKA PANDYA
MBBS, MS ( OBG )...
|Experience||:||30+ Yeras Experience|
|Speciality||:||Obstetrics and Gynae...||Location||:||C Scheme|
|Timings||:||Mon - Sat : 1 : 00 P...|