Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Is your recovery from an injury taking long? Have you been enduring the adverse effects of an illness? Try using physiotherapy and rehabilitation for better recovery. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation are remarkably successful and clinically proven treatments that can effectively reinstate your functional abilities, and optimize your well-being.
Be it an injury or a long-term health condition, physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatment can accelerate recovery and manage the symptoms.
What Are the Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Techniques?
The techniques encompass physical, psychological, emotional, and social well-being.
Some physiotherapy and rehabilitation techniques include:
- Electrotherapy: Extremely beneficial to patients with severe movement disabilities, the method involves electrical stimulation by attaching electrodes to your skin.
- Cryotherapy and heat therapy: It can be helpful for sore and stiff muscles. In heat therapy, paraffin wax and hot packs are used. Cryotherapy uses ice packs.
- Exercises to improve range of motion: While recovering from surgery or bone injuries, staying inactive can slow down recovery. It is where such exercises can help.
- Soft tissue mobilization: It is a therapeutic massage to reduce pain and swelling of joints and for muscle relaxation.
- Hydrotherapy or water-based therapy: This can be helpful for those suffering from extreme pain, who cannot endure a range of motion exercises and other land-based methods.
- Light therapy: Specifically beneficial for people with psoriasis (a skin disorder with red, itchy patches), it involves exposing the affected part of the skin to sunlight, which obstructs cell growth resulting in improvement.
Book an appointment at any physiotherapy center near you to know more.
Who Qualifies for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation?
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation isn’t needed for every incidence of ache or sprain. However, these treatment methods can prove beneficial if you have:
- Severe joint pain
- Neurological problems such as Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, stroke
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- Lower back pain
- Meniscus tear
- Cerebral palsy
- Sleep apnea
Additionally, rehabilitation therapy can prove fruitful after:
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Cardiac surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Rotator cuff repair
Consult a specialist at your nearest rehabilitation center to know more.
Why are Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Conducted?
Most people resort to pain medications for quick relief. But these medicines offer short-term relief, whereas physiotherapy and rehabilitation can address the root cause of your pain. Also, it can help improve your posture and body balance.
While physiotherapy and rehabilitation may not treat your condition, the physiotherapistsi can certainly suggest a customized treatment plan.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals
Call 1860-500-2244 to book an appointment
What Are the Benefits of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation?
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation can help you return to your prior mobility and lifestyle. Visit rehabilitation specialists to reap benefits, like:
- Regaining mobility and boosting blood circulation and overall health
- Ensuring improvement in bowel and urinary incontinence, pelvic health, fibromyalgia
- Lessening or eliminating pain through remedial exercises
- Restoring strength in the affected parts of your body after a stroke
- Helping people with vascular diseases and diabetes
- Specialized treatment methods for women’s health issues
- Eliminating acute and chronic health issues, which restrict mobility
- Recovering smoothly from heart or lung condition through strengthening and breathing exercises
- Getting psychological support to recover from depression
Are There Any Risks of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation?
In most cases, physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatment brings positive results. However, there may be a few risks, like:
- Little or no improvement in pain
- Worsening of pre-existing health problem
- Broken bones because of sudden fall during physiotherapy
- Low or no improvement in flexibility, mobility, or strength
- Elevated blood pressure or heart rate, in case of cardiac rehabilitation
Consult the best rehabilitation specialist about the associated risks.
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation are a brilliant blend of treatment techniques that provide sustainable healing and holistic fitness. However, the outcome also depends on the problem you are suffering.
Find the suitable physiotherapy and rehabilitation method by visiting the nearest physiotherapy center.
It depends on the condition of the patient. For example, a patient who has suffered a stroke may undergo physiotherapy or rehabilitation therapy for several years. But someone with an injury may improve after undergoing physiotherapy for a few months.
Yes. Pediatric physiotherapy and rehabilitation can help children with muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, and developmental disorders.
Physiotherapy methods are not painful and safe. The exercises stimulate deep tissue, which may make you feel sore temporarily.