Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
Overview of the Procedure
Plastic and cosmetic surgeries are medical procedures that focus on an individual’s appearance. Plastic surgery can be seen either as an essential or elective surgery. It includes rhinoplasty, facial reconstruction, skin grafts, etc. A cosmetic procedure is done only for aesthetic purposes and is optional. This includes surgeries like liposuction, breast augmentation, and facelift.
About the Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
The main focus in plastic surgery is to reconstruct a person’s face or body damaged due to trauma, accidents, birth defects, or burns.
- Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery is done to enhance the appeal of someone’s face and body. This is an elective surgery as the surgeon operates on body parts that are already functioning properly.
Who qualifies for the procedure?
Anyone with damaged skin is recommended for plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgery is completely optional and is done at the will of a patient, although risk factors should be considered. You can type plastic surgery near me on Google and search for your nearest plastic surgery or any other city that you are staying at.
Why is the procedure conducted?
Plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery help a person in restoring their skin, organs, and related functions. Cosmetic surgeries are optional procedures that can help in building self-esteem and also make a person more self-assured.
Types of Procedures
There are different types of procedures in plastic surgery for different body parts.
- Skin Grafts: The patient is given an anesthetic before the surgical procedure. The surgery starts with the doctor cutting the skin from the donor site. Depending on the type of wound grafting procedure, the donor site could be either your thigh or hip or abdomen, groin, or clavicle. The doctor places the removed skin onto the site of the transplant, where it is secured with stitches or staples. The doctor may punch holes in the graft for the expansion of the skin. This also helps in draining the fluid from under the skin, which could collect there. After the transplant is completed, the doctor dresses the wound. There are two types of skin grafts:
- Partial or split-thickness skin graft
- Full-thickness graft
- Tissue Expansion: A balloon-like expander is placed below the skin close to the scarred or damaged region to achieve tissue expansion. Saline water (saltwater) is gradually filled in the balloon-like expander, which then helps the skin grow or expand. The expander is removed from the skin once the skin grows. The newly grown skin is then used as a replacement for the damaged skin.
- Flap Surgery:In flap surgery, a living piece of tissue is transferred from one part of the body to another, including blood vessels.Other surgeries like breast reconstruction, cleft lip surgery, and liposuction require specific procedures, for which you can Google search for the best cosmetologist near me.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals
Call 18605002244 to book an appointment.
There are several benefits of a plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Increase in self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Restoration of skin.
- Improvement in skin functionality.
Some common risk factors of getting plastic surgery include,
- Chances of hematoma
Some common risk factors of cosmetics surgery include
- Blood clot in the lungs
- Excessive fluid in the lungs
- Fat clots
- Edema (swelling)
- Skin necrosis (the death of skin cells)
- Heart and kidney problems
You will not feel any pain during the surgery as the area will be numbed by an anesthetic. However, you might experience pain or soreness after the anesthesia wears off.
You will start to feel better after one or two weeks of the surgery. You might need to wait for 4-6 weeks to regain full-body strength.
No, they are not necessarily harmful. However, they have some complications; hence, you should consult a doctor before getting one done. Plastic and cosmetic surgeries are medical procedures done to repair or improve any part of the body. These surgeries can help restore the proper functioning of a body part or enhance the aesthetics of a person’s body and help them gain more confidence. Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals,
Call 18605002244 to book an appointment.