Best Allergies Treatment in C Scheme, Jaipur
An allergy is a very common effect of the immune system which is not harmful to the body. Anything that causes an allergic reaction is called an allergen. These might include a specific type of food, medication, dust, pet dander, or pollen.
The common symptoms of allergies include sneezing, watery eyes, or inflammation.
What Is Allergy?
An allergy is an adverse reaction of the immune system which is not harmful to the body. The immune system recognizes the foreign substances and produces antibodies to attack and destroy them.
Usually, when the person is exposed to an allergen for the first time, it does not produce any reaction. The Immune System often takes time to develop a sensitivity to the foreign substance. And when it does, it learns to realize and remember the allergen.
The immune system adapts to its surroundings with time. This is one of the reasons allergies are harmless.
What Are the Types of Allergies?
Depending on the severity and the type of allergen, there are three types of allergies:
- Food Allergies: It is the type of reaction of the immune system which occurs immediately after eating a certain type of food. For example, Eggs, milk, peanuts, shellfish
- Seasonal Allergies: These allergies develop an immune system reaction when the body is exposed to something in the environment during a specific season. For example, Pollen, animal dander, insect sting.
- Severe Allergies: These allergies are caused within seconds of exposure to an allergen. Known as anaphylaxis, these are life-threatening.
What Are the Symptoms of Allergies?
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergens and the severity.
The symptoms that trigger when one eats a certain type of food are:
- Swollen tongue
- Itchy mouth
- Swelling of lips, throat, or face
- Breath shortness
The symptoms that trigger when the body is exposed to pollen or animal dander are:
- Itchy nose or eyes
- Swollen eyes or throat
- Runny nose and watery eyes
- Congested nose
The Symptoms that trigger when insect stings are:
- Tight chest
- Itchy skin
- Breath shortness
- Swelling in the area of insect sting
- Itchy or red rash
The symptoms that trigger when there is an allergic reaction to medications are:
- Swelling of lips, face, or throat
The symptoms of Anaphylaxis are:
- Low blood pressure
- Breath shortness
- Altered heart rate
What Are the Causes of Allergies?
The immune system produces antibodies called Immunoglobulin E (IgE). When the allergic reaction occurs, the allergen binds to the IgE. Once the binding takes place, the associated cells release chemicals that activate the symptoms of the allergic reaction.
Allergic Rhinitis, also called hay fever, is the most common disease caused by a reaction to allergens like dust, pollen, or pet dander.
Asthma is a condition where a person’s airways are narrowed or inflamed resulting in the production of mucus. This condition appears with Allergic rhinitis resulting in tightness of the chest, wheezing, coughing, or breath shortness.
Conjunctivitis occurs due to the inflammation of the tissue membrane covering the eyeballs. This usually results in itching or watering of the eyes.
Other factors which cause allergies are:
- The air we breathe contains a wide variety of foreign particles such as pollen from plants, dust particles, mold spores.
- The food we ingest: Reaction to a specific type of food or medication causes allergies.
- Physical contact: Rashes occur when the skin is exposed to an allergen.
- Injections: Certain types of injection are rejected by the body and it causes a reaction of the immune system.
When To See a Doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
It is advised to see a doctor in the event of the following:
- Symptoms of allergic reaction such as watery eyes, running nose, or headache persist for more than a month.
- The symptoms are interfering with everyday activities.
- Over-the-counter creams or medicines do not relieve any pain or itchiness.
- Allergies leading to insomnia or snoring.
- The symptoms are a result of an infection of the ear or sinus.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How Allergies Are Treated?
The most sure-shot way to avoid allergies is to avoid the allergens. But that is not always possible as it requires the knowledge of climate, food and plants. Thankfully, there are medicines and treatments available.
Drugs or medications are prescribed by the doctors at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur based on the specific allergies. It is not possible to cure allergies, but the medications can help in reducing the itchiness or swelling.
- Immunotherapy is a treatment option that allows one to develop a long-term tolerance to allergens.
- Taking antihistamines blocks the release of histamines by the immune system which reacts to allergy.
- Taking decongestants helps in relieving a congested nose.
- Nasal spray, inhaler, pills, and creams help reduce inflammation.
Allergies are very common and do not put lives at risk. If the symptoms of allergies get worse over time, it is advised to book an appointment with the doctors at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur.
Here are a few examples of tests that can confirm Allergies:
- Blood tests
- Patch tests
- Skin prick test
Pet dander is the microscopic particles shed by the skin of the pet such as dogs or cats.
Unfortunately, there is no cure for allergies yet. However, over-the-counter drugs or creams, and medications help in tolerating the symptoms.