Best Ankle Arthroscopy Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Ankle Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgery that is performed to examine or repair the tissues in or around the ankle. The surgical procedure involves the use of a small thin fiber camera called an arthroscope and small tools to make the incisions in the ankle. The arthroscope magnifies and transmits the images of the ankle on the computer screen.
Why Is Ankle Arthroscopy Performed?
Ankle Arthroscope can help in treating different ankle joint disorders. Some of the disorders may include the following:
- Ankle Arthritis: The ankle joint that connects the foot to the leg has been damaged.
- Ankle Instability: This involves the recurrent giveaway of the lateral side of the ankle caused by an ankle sprain.
- Ankle fractures: The bone in the ankle gets broken due to injuries and accidents.
- Arthrofibrosis: Abnormal growth of scar tissue in the ankle.
- Synovitis: The soft tissue called the synovial tissue that lines the ankle joint becomes inflamed.
- Ankle infection: Infections in the cartilage in the joint space
How is Ankle Arthroscopy Performed at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
Before the Ankle Arthroscopic surgery, the operative ankle is marked and you are moved to the operating room. Upon reaching the operating room, you are given general anaesthesia so that you do not feel any pain during the procedure. A tourniquet is applied on your leg to put pressure on your limb to limit the flow of blood. The leg, ankle, and foot are cleaned and sterilized. The surgeon uses an instrument to stretch the ankle joint making it easier to see inside the ankle.
During the surgery, the surgeon at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur does the following:
- Makes a small incision in the front or back of the ankle to insert the arthroscope. The arthroscope is connected to the computer monitor in the operating room that allows the surgeon to examine the inside of the ankle.
- Inspects the tissues that are damaging that include bones, ligaments, cartilage, or tendons.
- When the damaged tissues are found, the surgeon makes 2 to 3 small incisions and inserts other instruments through them. These instruments repair a tear in the ligament, muscle, or cartilage. The damaged tissues are then removed.
At the end of the surgery, the incisions are stitched and bandaged.
What Are the Benefits of Ankle Arthroscopy?
The Benefits of Ankle Arthroscopy at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur include the following:
- Better results than open surgery
- Safer than open surgery
- Less scarring
- Quick healing
- Reduces risk of infections
- Quick rehabilitation
- Lesser pain and stiffness after the surgery
What Are the Side Effects of Ankle Arthroscopy?
Ankle Arthroscopy involves lesser complications. However, there are chances of the following side effects:
- Nerve damage
- Bleeding due to a cut in the blood vessels
- Weak ankle
- Injury to tendons or ligaments
- An incision may not heal
Who Are the Right Candidates for Ankle Arthroscopy?
The ankle is strong and can support the body, but it has intricate parts too. This exposes the ankle to have injured or any tear in the blood vessels. The right candidates who ought to have Ankle Arthroscopy are:
- People with inflammation, swelling, or pain in the ankle tissue
- People who get injuries, sprains, or fractures
- People who do not have the alignment between tendons and ligaments
- People with loose scar tissues or debris
- People who have cartilage damage that can lead to arthritis in joints
- People whose synovial tissue is inflamed
- People who do not have ankle stability
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
The people undergoing ankle arthroscopy have positive results 70% to 90% of the time. This is due to the lesser risk or complications, safer than the open procedure, and reduced risk of inflammation to the ankle joints.
In most cases, people resume work or everyday activities after a period of two weeks. However, in severe cases, your ankle may be immobilized. In cases where you have to resume high-level sports, it is possible after 4-6 weeks of recovery.
If the following symptoms or signs show up after the Ankle Arthroscopy surgery, then seek medical attention:
- Pus draining from Incisions
- Red Streaks from incisions
- Increase in the pain after the surgery
- Redness or swelling around the incisions
- Numbness in the legs
- Change in the skin color