Best Ankle Joint Replacement Surgery Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Arthritis is a common disease that comes along with old age. Sometimes even younger people get arthritis. Due to this, joints stop functioning normally, and sometimes a replacement is required. The ankle is one of those areas where the effects of arthritis are so strong that it demands joint replacement surgery. Keep reading this article to find out more about ankle joint replacement surgery.
What is an Ankle Joint Replacement Surgery?
Arthritis damages bones and cartilages which results in pain. Due to the effect of arthritis on joints, sometimes replacement surgery is required. When the damaged bone in an ankle is replaced with an artificial joint, this is known as ankle joint replacement surgery.
In What Kinds of Medical Situation is an Ankle Joint Replacement Surgery Required?
The medical situations that call for an ankle joint replacement surgery at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur are:
- Osteoarthritis causes bones to go through some wear and tear that damages the joints. This generally happens in aged people.
- Rheumatoid arthritis can happen to anyone. It affects bones as joints in the same way mentioned above.
- Arthritis can occur due to age or due to some past injury. A situation like this should be treated with ankle joint replacement surgery.
If any of these arthritic conditions become severe, you should contact a healthcare professional.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What is the Procedure of an Ankle Joint Replacement Surgery?
The procedure for an ankle joint surgery at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur is as follows:
- General anesthesia will be performed to numb your senses and put you to sleep.
- Your vitals, such as blood rate, and blood flow, will be checked by a professional.
- The affected area will be cleaned, and an incision will be made on the skin to reach the bone beneath.
- The damaged parts of the bone will be removed.
- These removed parts would be replaced by metal joints.
- Necessary repairs will be made.
The Possible Risks and Complications Involved with Ankle Joint Replacement Surgery
The possible risks and complications or side effects involved with ankle joint replacement are as follows:
- Clotting of blood
- Mild damage to nearby nerves
- Bone misalignment
- Arthritis in neighbouring joints
All of these conditions and side effects are temporary and curable. If you face any of these problems, you should contact a healthcare professional immediately.
Arthritis has the chance of becoming deadly if neglected. So if you face any of the arthritic conditions mentioned in this article, you should contact a doctor and get surgery immediately.
It takes a few months for your ankle to heal enough so that you can start moving. You would not be able to walk properly for almost a year. It takes a long time for an ankle replacement to heal completely. You should be able to do activities like hiking and swimming after a year. You should avoid high-impact activities like running or any sports.
The cost of ankle joint replacement surgery is very high in India. The cost of this surgery in India is equivalent to almost 6000 USD to about 10000 USD. This makes it around 5 lakh in INR.
An ankle replacement surgery heals in a few successive steps. For the initial six weeks after the surgery, the patient should wear a splint while moving. The following year after an ankle replacement surgery, the patient should be careful to not exert too much pressure on the ankle. They should accept assistance on doing chores like walking and driving and everything. After a year, the patient will be able to resume doing everything.
After an ankle replacement surgery, for at least a month, the patient will feel pain and discomfort in the area of surgery. For the following year, if the patient exerts too much pressure on their ankle, they will feel pain. It will take time for the pain to go away completely.