Cyst Treatment in C-scheme, Jaipur
A cyst is an abnormal closed sac in the body filled with fluid or a cluster of cells.
It is treatable and common, with more than 10 lakh cases per year. Cysts vary in size and can appear anywhere on the skin.
Types of cyst
Here are some common types of cyst:
- Breast cyst: Breast cyst is a sac, filled with fluid, inside the breast. They are common among women between the ages of 30 to 35 years and are usually harmless.
- Epidermoid cyst: Epidermoid cyst occurs in the sebaceous gland (generally located in the face or the scalp) and causes the skin to swell. In some cases, if the cyst becomes large, it might become painful.
- Ovarian cyst: Ovarian cyst is a sac, filled with fluid, inside the ovary or on the surface of the ovary.
- Ganglion cyst: Ganglion cyst is filled with a collection of soft tissues and can develop in any joint.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Polycystic ovary syndrome occurs when many fluid-filled sacs (cyst) starts growing inside the ovaries and enlarge them.
- Baker’s cyst: Baker’s cyst occurs in the back of the knee. It causes swelling behind the knee and mild to severe pain.
- Hydatid cysts: Hydatid cysts occur because of a small tapeworm (an infection). It may be treated through medication or surgery.
- Kidney cysts: Kidney cysts might be caused by tubal blockages. Some kidney cysts may contain blood.
- Pancreatic cysts: Pancreatic cysts are different from normal cysts. They do not have the type of cells other cysts do. They may include a normal cell which is present in other organs.
- Periapical cysts: Periapical cysts are cysts associated with the development of teeth. They may develop because of inflammation of the pulp or tooth decay.
- Pilar cysts: Pilar cysts are filled with fluid. They develop from the hair follicle and grow on the scalp.
- Tarlov cysts:Tarlov cysts are located at the base of the spine. They are filled with a fluid called cerebrospinal fluid.
- Vocal fold cysts: Vocal fold cysts are the cysts that develop in the vocal cords. They may affect a person’s quality of speech.
Signs and symptoms
Cysts that are smaller in size have no symptoms or signs. In the case of large cysts, you might experience the following:
- Swelling on the skin
- A lump on the skin
What causes cysts?
Some common causes of cysts are:
- Blocked sebaceous glands
- Defected cell
- Some genetic conditions
- a fault in an organ
- a parasite
In most cases, you won’t need any treatment for cysts. However, if it's causing pain, you might have to undergo treatment.
Treatment for a cyst depends upon the type of cyst, where it is located, its size, and the amount of discomfort it is causing. You should never try to pop or squeeze a cyst as it may further lead to infection. In case the cyst is large and causing a lot of pain, the doctor might have to remove it surgically. The doctor may drain the cyst and take out the cavity from the cyst using a needle.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Cysts are abnormal fluid-filled sacs that develop in any part of the body. The different types of cysts are based on the different organs they grow on. They are treatable and most cysts generally recover themselves. In most cases, they may not even be a matter of concern. If the swelling or pain grows, then you should see a doctor in Jaipur for diagnosis and treatment.
No, all cysts are not the same. There are several types of cyst which develop on different parts of the body.
In most cases, it is not required to remove a cyst but if it becomes large in size or causes a lot of pain, then the doctor may advise for cyst removal. In rare cases, cyst may cause infection which is why it is best to remove it.
A cyst gets removed through surgery. The type of surgery will depend on the location of the cyst.
It is always a good idea to get your cyst examined, especially if it's causing you pain or affects you in any way.