Endometriosis Treatment in C-scheme, Jaipur
Endometriosis is a common gynecological disorder that involves tissues abnormally growing up outside the lining of the uterus. This leads to serious pain, menstrual problems, and sometimes, fertility problems.
Endometriosis can be a chronic condition that lasts for years. However, there are treatments available that can effectively cure the problem.
What is Endometriosis?
When a person has Endometriosis, the buildup of tissues can be found on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, the intestines, or the pelvis. Although in rare cases, the endometrial tissues can spread beyond your pelvis region and cause severe pelvic pain.
When grown over the ovaries, the trapped tissues are unable to find an exit and can form cysts called endometriomas leading to irritation and scar tissues.
During the menstrual cycle, the misplaced endometrial tissues can cause inflammation and pain because of the hormonal changes. This can further lead to the growing, thickening, and breaking down of the tissues. As a result of this breaking down, the tissues become trapped in the pelvis leading to further discomfort and complications.
Symptoms of Endometriosis
This disorder can cause severe and persistent pelvic pain which may increase over time, especially during menstrual cycles. The severity of these symptoms varies from woman to woman but should not be associated with the severity or degree of the disorder.
Other common symptoms may include:
- Dysmenorrhea(painful periods)
- Pain before or after the menstruation
- Pain in the lower back during menstruation
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Painful bowel movements
- Bleeding excessively during menstruation
What causes Endometriosis?
Although the causes are still unknown, there are certain possible explanations which include:
- Immune system disorder: This makes it difficult for the immune system to recognize and destroy abnormal tissues that may be growing outside the uterus lining and lead to endometriosis.
- Surgical scar implantation: Endometrial cells may attach to a surgical incision after surgeries like C-sections and cause the condition.
- Retrograde Menstruation: This happens when instead of going out of the body, the menstrual blood that contains endometrial cells flows back to the fallopian tubes and into the pelvic cavity.
- Transformation of cells: This happens when the cells outside the uterus are transformed into cells similar to those that lie inside the lining of the uterus.
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
One should visit the doctor in Jaipur as soon as any related symptoms or signs start occurring repeatedly and for a prolonged period.
Endometriosis can be difficult to manage. Thus, an early diagnosis can help in better management of the disorder and its symptoms.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
The following risk factors cannot be controlled, but can help you be aware of the possibility of developing the disorder. These include:
- Age: It has been observed that women between the age of 25 and 40 have higher risks of developing the disorder.
- Family History: If any blood-related family member has the condition, you may have the chance of developing it as well.
- Pregnancy History: If you have never given birth, you may be at higher risk than women who have had children in the past.
- Menstrual Cycle: Short menstrual cycles like 27 days or less or period cycle that lasts for longer than 7 days with heavy bleeding might put you at risk for endometriosis.
- Body Mass Index: Low body mass index can make you more prone to the disorder.
- Medical History: If you have had medical conditions related to any part of the reproductive system or the path of menstrual flow before, the risk of developing endometriosis is increased.
Treatment of Endometriosis
Treatment options for endometriosis involve medications as well as surgery. The doctor will recommend these options to you based on your preference, the severity of the symptoms, and whether you are pregnant or not.
Usually, doctors at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur suggest going for surgery only if the initial conservative treatments do not help. The different ways of treatment include:
- Pain Medications: Over-the-counter medications for instant pain relief may be suggested by your doctor, sometimes in combination with hormone therapy.
- Hormone Therapy: Supplemental hormones can help relieve the pain as well as stop the progression of the endometrial tissue growth.
- Conservative Surgery: This is a better option for women trying to get pregnant, or experiencing severe pain. This surgery involves removing the endometrial implants without damaging the reproductive organs.
- Hysterectomy: This is a last-resort surgery and is rarely suggested by doctors. The uterus, cervix, and ovaries are removed during a total hysterectomy.
More than 1 million cases of Endometriosis are reported in India every year. In case you have any risk factors for this condition, it is crucial that you get regular check-ups.
Dealing with endometriosis can also affect one’s mental health. So, if needed, you should take necessary help from a professional.
If left untreated, it may lead to other problems related to the reproductive system. In some rare cases, it can also lead to ovarian cancer.
No, it is not cancer but studies show that it can increase the risks of one developing certain cancers.
Yes, it can worsen with old age as it is a progressive disorder. Although treatments may help.