FIBROIDS Treatment & Diagnosis in C Scheme, Jaipur
Fibroids is a medical condition where a woman develops abdominal growths in or on her uterus. In some conditions, these tumors might turn into large tumors and result in heavy periods and severe pain in the abdominal region. However, there are many cases where they cause no pain at all.
There are many names given to fibroids including the following:
- Uterine Myomas
According to the Office of Women's Health, up to 80% of women have fibroids by the time they turn 50. However, many women don't get symptoms of the same.
What are the different types of fibroids?
Fibroids always develop either in or around the uterus of women. They are of four types:
- Intramural fibroids: The most common type of fibroids are intramural fibroids. They occur on the muscular wall of the uterus. They can even grow bigger and stretch your womb.
- Subserosal fibroids: They usually form on the outside area of the uterus known as serosa. They might also grow and make your womb look bigger from one side.
- Pedunculated Fibroids: A stem can be developed by subserosal fibroids on the slender base that supports the tumor. The case where they do, they are known as pedunculated fibroids.
- Submucosal fibroids: They are the type of tumor that develop in the middle muscle layer which is known as myometrium of your uterus . They are not common like other tumors.
What are the symptoms of fibroids?
Fibroids occur in the women's uterus. Symptoms of fibroids in women would depend on the number of tumors she had in the past. If a tumor in the woman's body is small and she is going through menopause, she will not get symptoms of fibroids. In other cases, following are the symptoms of fibroids:
- Having pain in pelvic or abdominal area
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Increase in menstrual cramps
- Increase pain during intercourse
- Increase in rate of urination
- Swelling or enlargement of abdomen
- Longer duration of periods
- Having pressure or fullness on your lower side of abdomen
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
If you notice any of the above-mentioned symptoms, it is recommended that you refer to a doctor in Jaipur. If you notice such symptoms, you should book an appointment with healthcare professionals at the earliest.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How can we prevent fibroids?
It is still unclear how fibroids develop in a women, but there are factors that cause their formation:
- Family history
- Age of 30 or above
- A high body weight
Sadly, fibroids can't be prevented but researches have shown that certain lifestyle habits can reduce your chances of getting them. Women with a high level of sugar diet have a higher risk of fibroids in some women. Another study found that eating vegetables and fruits especially cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens and trump greens can reduce your chances of getting fibroids. These vegetables are rich in Vitamin C, K, E and beta carotene, folate which are rich in fibre.
How are fibres diagnosed?
If you want to get a proper diagnosis, you will need to see a gynecologist for a pelvic exam.
What is a pelvic exam?
Pelvic MRI is done in order to check the condition, size and shape of the uterus. It is an in depth imaging test that produces pictures of your uterus, ovaries and other pelvic organs.
How can fibroids be treated?
It is recommended that you consult a doctor who will develop a treatment plan for you based on your age, the size of your fibroids and your overall health. It is possible that you will receive a combination of treatments.
There are also some home remedies for fibroids that you can try:
- Avoid heat if you have heavy bleeding
- GFLT ( Gui Zhi Fu Ling Tang) is a traditional Chinese medicine formula.
- Avoid meat
- Manage your stress levels
Uterine fibroids usually occur after a woman gets her menopause. Various factors play a role towards the development and incidence of these common tumors caused in the uterus. With proper medication and a healthy diet one can prevent this disease.
Usually, fibroids do not affect fertility for most women. However, about 10% of infertile women have been suffering from fibroids. Fibroids can interfere with conception by the following:
- Decreasing space inside the uterus
- Altering the Uterine line
- Blocking the fallopian tubas
Fibroids are almost always non cancerous. But very rarely (less than 1 in 1000), a woman might get a cancerous fibroid. This is known as leiomyosarcoma.
Avoid eating the following items:
- Red meat like beef
DR. RENUKA PANDYA
MBBS, MS ( OBG )...
|Experience||:||30+ Yeras Experience|
|Speciality||:||Obstetrics and Gynae...||Location||:||C Scheme|
|Timings||:||Mon - Sat : 1 : 00 P...|