Best Gallbladder Cancer Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Gallbladder cancer is a condition where a person experiences unusual growth of cells in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a tiny organ near the liver which is in the shape of a pear. It is situated in your abdomen on the right side underneath your liver. Gallbladder cancer is a very rare condition. It is better if the condition is discovered at an initial stage as it can be rehabilitated easily. But in most cases, gallbladder cancer is identified late which increases the chances of severe conditions.
What are the symptoms of Gallbladder cancer?
Although gallbladder cancer is a rare condition, it can be cured if identified at an initial stage. One should always consult a specialist at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur if they are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Overinflation of abdomen
- Sudden loss in weight without any effort
- Skin gets pale or yellowish in colour and your eyes become whitish.
- Increase in pain in the abdominal area, especially in the area of the upper side of the abdomen, the right side.
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
Please consult with the best doctor in Jaipur as soon as possible if you think you may have the above-mentioned symptoms.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How can we prevent gallbladder cancer?
Gallbladder cancer is a very rare condition. Till now, there have been no particular rules that might prevent gallbladder cancer. But, you can follow certain steps to maintain good health. These steps will also reduce your risk of getting affected from gallbladder cancer:
- You should always maintain a healthy weight
- Exercise and play various sports. Make sure that you reduce your time lying down at one place for longer durations
- Eat a balanced diet that is full of healthy vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain wheat
- Avoid eating non-vegetarian items like red meats
- Avoid drinking alcohol
How is gallbladder cancer diagnosed?
Gallbladder cancer can be diagnosed by the doctors by doing several tests and performing procedures which would include the following:
- Blood tests: These are the tests that are conducted by your doctor to examine your liver function which could ultimately help in determining the causes and symptoms of gallbladder cancer.
- There will be numerous procedures conducted by your doctor that can examine your gallbladder. They will conduct ultrasound, CT (computerized tomography), and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), and other tests for the same.
What is the process of treatment of gallbladder cancer?
There will be many options that will be available to you for the treatment of gallbladder cancer and they will majorly depend on the stage of cancer. It will also depend on your health and your choices.
In the beginning, the major goal is to remove the part where cancer has taken place in the gallbladder. There are conditions where removal of gallbladder cancer is not possible, here we take different processes for further treatment:
- Surgery: There can be surgery to remove the gallbladder as well as a certain amount of liver.
- Radiation therapy: This therapy is done in order to kill the cancer cells in the organ by igniting the use of X- rays.
- Chemotherapy: It is done by giving certain drugs to the patient which will automatically kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy: It is one of the treatments that provide immunity to the patient's body to fight cancer.
- Targeted drug therapy: As the name suggests, targeted drug therapy encompasses the prone weak areas which are present with the cancer cells. The drugs are given to block these areas and the therapy ensures the cancer cells die in the body.
Gallbladder cancer is a very rare condition that mostly occurs in women. But, it is also curable, if detected at an early age. One should always eat a healthy diet and keep a track of their physical fitness in order to not get affected by such a condition.
The surgery involves some risks like :
- Having blood clots
- Having pneumonia
- Leakage of bile juice of liver
- Suffering from problems related to digestion
- Problems related to anesthesia
stage 0 has a survival rate of 5 years which is 80% which decreases to 4% in stage 4.
It's advisable to go and have a consultation with a gastroenterologist/ hepatologist or oncologist for Gallbladder cancer.