Gastric ByPass Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Also known as Roux-en-Y, gastric bypass is weight-loss surgery. During the surgery, your doctor creates a small pouch in the stomach, which is directly connected to the small intestine. Once you undergo this surgery, whatever food you eat will reach this small new pouch and then directly into the intestine. This helps the food bypass your stomach and the first section of the small intestine. It is a type of bariatric surgery and is usually the most preferred one in Jaipur.
Remember, although gastric bypass is a weight loss solution, this is only conducted when all other methods, such as dieting and exercise fail. So, what happens after the surgery is that your stomach becomes smaller, making you feel full a lot faster.
What are the Risks of Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Just like any other surgery, gastric bypass comes with a few risks. They are;
- During the surgery, your stomach pouch shrinks, but as time passes, there are chances that it gets back to its original size.
- There are chances that the staples used to create a smaller pouch fall apart.
- Since not everything you eat is getting absorbed by the stomach, you may become nutrient or mineral deficient
- A place where the stomach and the small intestine are connected can become very narrow causing nausea, vomiting, and acid reflux.
When to See a Doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
If you notice any side effects after the surgery, it is important that you don’t delay and visit your doctor immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Why is Gastric Bypass Surgery Done?
Gastric bypass is suggested by your doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur when all other weight loss methods fail and you are at risk of weight-related health problems, such as;
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Type 2 diabetes
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Gastric Bypass in Jaipur?
Aforementioned, the surgery is for you if you are unable to lose weight despite trying all the available methods and are at risk of health problems because of the same. The surgery is for you if;
- Your BMI or body mass index is 40 or higher, which is extremely obese
- Your BMI is between 35-39.9 and you are also suffering from health problems caused by the excess weight, such as type 2 diabetes or if your BMI is between 30-34 and you have health-related problems because of it
How to Prepare for The Surgery?
A few weeks before your surgery, your doctor might put you on a diet and exercise plan, and you will be asked to stop using tobacco if you have a habit of the same. Your medications will be reviewed and a meal plan will be constructed for you. You must use this time to plan for your recovery too, like who will stay with you during and after your surgery, and more.
What Happens During and After The Surgery?
Gastric bypass surgery is conducted in the hospital and you might have to stay there for a day or two. But, this completely depends on your recovery speed and more. The surgery is performed by putting you to sleep with the help of general anaesthesia. For the surgery, your surgeon may opt for open incisions or a laparoscopic technique. You can talk to your doctor for more information. This surgery takes a few hours.
After the surgery, you will be given liquids and no solid food till your stomach and intestine heal. A special diet plan will be curated for you to follow, which will include pureed foods for some time.
Gastric bypass is a safe procedure but it is not an alternative to diet or exercise. It is only performed when all techniques fail. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your doctor.
Yes, it can provide long-term weight loss.
About 30-40 per cent of the excess fat.
2-4 lbs or 0.9-1.8kg every week for almost 6-12 months