Gynecomastia Treatment in C-scheme, Jaipur
Gynecomastia is a condition in which the male breasts get enlarged due to hormonal imbalance. It usually starts when a boy is going through hormonal changes at the onset of puberty. Although it is most common in growing teens, it could also be seen in newborns and in older men. This isn’t a serious condition, but it can be embarrassing for growing teens. They sometimes even experience pain in their enlarged breasts.
What are the symptoms of Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia can be easily detected if the young boys or even older men have-
- Swollen breasts
- Sore breasts
When should you see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
In case you experience the symptoms mentioned above, it’s always better to see a doctor in Jaipur as there could be a possibility of greater risk.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What causes Gynecomastia in men?
Gynecomastia is usually caused by a decreased testosterone level in comparison to estrogen. This decrease may be the result of medical conditions blocking and reducing testosterone levels. There are a lot of things that can contribute to imbalanced hormone levels, including-
There are two hormones named testosterone and estrogen that control sex characteristics in men and women. Testosterone is a male hormone providing its traits and estrogen controls female traits such as the growth of breasts. When the estrogen levels rise in men it can cause Gynecomastia. It can be seen in-
- Hormonal changes with the onset of puberty
- Infants- This can happen due to an imbalance of hormones of the mother. This usually self-treats in 2-3 weeks.
- Young boys- usually caused due to hormonal imbalances from puberty.
- Older adults- People older than 50 are prone to getting gynecomastia.
Sometimes even medicines can trigger gynecomastia in men. The medicines may include-
- Anabolic steroids used by athletes to build muscle and enhance performance.
- AIDS medications
- Some anti-anxiety medications may also cause gynecomastia
- And even frequent use of antidepressants
- Certain antibiotics
- Medicines for treating ulcers
- Medicines to treat cancers
- Medicines for heart conditions
- substances that may trigger gynecomastia are:
- Drugs such as marijuana, heroin
Some Health conditions
Enlarged breasts might be a symptom of several underlying health conditions. They may be:
- Hypogonadism- It is a disease that interferes with the normal production of testosterone.
- Age- It is one of the major factors causing gynecomastia in men. Age interferes with hormonal production which may lead to gynecomastia.
- Presence of tumours-Tumours in the testes, adrenal glands or pituitary gland may secrete hormones that can cause an imbalance in estrogen and testosterone.
- Hyperthyroid condition- Excess thyroxine production can lead to gynecomastia.
- A failed kidney or liver- It is common to see gynecomastia develop due to hormonal changes.
- Malnourishment- When you dont get enough nutrition your hormones are imbalanced.
Some Natural products
Some products containing plant oils have been associated with gynecomastia.
What can be the risk factors of gynecomastia?
- Hitting Puberty
- Age greater than 50
- Anabolic steroid usage
- Health conditions like liver and kidney disease
How can one prevent gynecomastia?
You can take some preventive measures such as-
- Stop the usage of drugs, if any
- Limit or avoid alcohol as much as possible
- Take medications only on doctor’s prescription
How is gynecomastia treated?
Gynecomastia usually occurs during puberty and doesn’t require any treatment. It cures itself in 2-3 years. If your gynecomastia is medicine induced, your doctor may prescribe a different medicine. If it’s caused by a disease, the treatment of it will cure your gynecomastia. In some rare cases, surgery is performed to remove the extra tissue.
Most of the time it treats itself after attaining puberty and doesn't require medical attention.
Yes, it could be an indicator of bigger, much severe underlying diseases. And treatment of those diseases gets rid of gynecomastia.
Yes, there are many other factors that may affect the development of enlarged breast tissue such as medicines, age, health conditions, alcohol, etc.