Hysterectomy Surgery in C-scheme, Jaipur
Hysterectomy is the procedure of uterus removal from a patient’s body. There are many cases where you might need to remove the uterus from your body including infections. Uterine fibroids, after you reach menopause, are another reason why you might have to get a hysterectomy.
What are the types of hysterectomy?
There are generally three types of hysterectomy procedures: -
- Supracervical Hysterectomy- In this type of hysterectomy, only the upper part of the uterus is removed during the surgery. The cervix is not affected.
- Total Hysterectomy- As the name suggests, in this type of hysterectomy, the whole uterus, as well as the cervix, is removed from the patient’s body.
- Radial Hysterectomy- In this type of hysterectomy, the whole uterus, cells near the uterus, the cervix, as well as the upper part of the vagina is being removed from the patient’s body. Radial Hysterectomy is generally done when a patient has cancer. The cancer cells affect the body part and its surrounding cells also. So, Radial hysterectomy is done to remove any kind of cancerous cells that can affect the body.
In many cases when the ovaries are removed from the body of the patient, it is termed as oophorectomy and when the fallopian tubes are removed from the body during the surgery, it is termed as salpingectomy.
When the whole uterus along with both the fallopian tubes as well as both the ovaries are being removed from the patient’s body, then it is termed hysterectomy (Bilateral salpingectomy-oophorectomy).
What are the causes for Hysterectomy?
There are several other reasons why you might need a hysterectomy: -
- Shifting of the uterus from its normal position is what is termed as Uterine Prolapse. In this situation, the uterus shifts and slides towards the vaginal opening in the vaginal canal leading to a hysterectomy
- Cancer in the uterus, cervix and even ovaries
- Abnormal bleeding from your vagina
- Persistent pelvic pain that is weird and abnormal
- Scars in the inner abdominal lining known as Pelvic Adhesions
- Thickening of the uterus wall which is termed Adenomyosis
- Uterine Fibroids, the most common disease faced by many women. This disease causes pain in the pelvic area, bleeding from the vaginal opening, and all other associated problems.
What are the risks associated with Hysterectomy?
Like any other surgical procedure, hysterectomy also has some effects that can be seen in many patients during or after the procedure. Hysterectomy is a major surgical procedure which involves the following risks: -
- The problem of urine incontinence where the bladder starts working abnormally or in an over active way. The bladder cannot hold the urine in this situation and you can feel the urine leakage many times throughout the day.
- You can face vagina prolapse which means that the part of the vagina will shift and slide towards the out from its original position.
- You can also face vaginal fistula formation which is referred to as an abnormal connection between the vagina and the rectum or the bladder. It can further cause many infections in your urinary tract.
- Pain is the most common risk you can face after your hysterectomy. Untreated chronic pain in your pelvic area and the abdomen can cause many persistent medical problems.
- You can also suffer from wound infections after your hysterectomy procedure.
- Blood clots and hemorrhage can also be the risk factors you have to deal with after your surgical procedure.
- Sometimes surrounding cells as well as organs of where the treatment has been done also suffer from injuries because of this surgery.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
There are some problems that, if left untreated, can threaten your life. These medical conditions also affect your body’s functioning and your ability to live your life properly. It is necessary to remove those parts from your body that are not letting your body function in a normal way.
Gynecologists are doctors that are specialized in gynecology. They can perform all the necessary procedures to know what the exact problem is. After consulting with the doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur, you can prepare yourself for a hysterectomy.