Interventional Endoscopy - Gastroenterology in C-scheme, Jaipur
Gastrointestinal problems are diseases or disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. These diseases and disorders affect our digestive system including the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large bowels, rectum, and anus. The gastrointestinal tract includes the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas. Some common symptoms of gastrointestinal problems are vomiting, nausea, weight loss, abdominal discomfort, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and fecal incontinence. Some of the causes of gastrointestinal diseases are low fiber diet, stress, not drinking enough water, inactive lifestyle, aging, and genetic factors. Interventional gastro procedures will effectively treat your digestive issues.
What Are the Procedures for Interventional Gastroenterology?
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy: This procedure is done by using an endoscope-flexible fiber-optic tube with a tiny TV camera at the end. This tube will be inserted into your mouth. Your doctor will be able to see the inside lining of the digestive tract. This will allow the diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases. This procedure will help your doctor to determine gastro problems like ulcers and muscle spasms. Endoscopy has different names and it depends on which part of the digestive system your doctor wants to examine.
- Upper GI endoscopy (EGD): In this procedure, your doctor will examine the stomach, esophagus, and duodenum (upper small bowel).
- Colonoscopy: In this procedure, your doctor will inspect the colon or large bowel. Signs of abnormal growth, the inflamed mucous lining of the intestine, and bleeding in your colon will be examined by your doctor.
- Enteroscopy: During this procedure, a diagnostic tool is used by your doctor to see the small bowel. This procedure is used to:
- Detect the cause for malabsorption
- To detect and treat Gastrointestinal bleeding
- To locate and remove sores in the Gastrointestinal tract during surgery
- Echography: During this procedure, your doctor will study the upper abdomen.
- Barium Enema: In this procedure, your doctor will use external radiation to create images of your body, organs, and other internal structures. Your doctor will look at the lower gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the benefits of Interventional Gastro procedures?
- Takes less time to recover
- There is no chance of scar because a natural body opening is used
- It helps to detect digestive problems so that treatment can begin soon
- It is used to detect oesophagal cancer
- The procedure is fast and painless
- It gives a detailed view of the stomach, duodenum, and oesophagus which an X-ray cannot do
- It can remove small tissues from your GT for examination.
What are the side effects of interventional gastro procedures?
- Experiencing severe irregular heartbeat
- Infections and fever
- Decrease in the rate of breathing
- Pain and discomfort
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Dehydration due to use of laxatives and enemas
- Bleeding in the bowel after a biopsy
- The reaction of the vagus nerve system
- Entering of food or fluid from your throat into your windpipe (Pulmonary aspiration)
- Hole in the bowel wall
- Respiratory depression
- Explosion of combustible gases in the colon
How to prepare for an interventional gastro procedure?
- It is important to discuss your medical conditions with the specialists at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur. If you are pregnant or have heart disease and cancer, your doctor should know it.
- Anti-inflammatory medications and other medicines like aspirin and blood thinners should not be taken because they may increase the risk of bleeding during the procedure.
- You should not eat or drink before the procedure.
- Alcohol consumption and smoking should be avoided before the procedure.
Yes, they are safe. They are painless and recover quickly.
Many gastrointestinal diseases are inherited. We may have gastrointestinal disorders because of our family history.
Yes, with proper screening tests, it is possible to treat and detect gastrointestinal disorders.