Liver Diseases Treatment in C-scheme, Jaipur
The liver is the largest working internal organ in your body. It is a vital fat-burning organ in your body and a mechanical filter of your bloodstream. It is the powerhouse of all organs. Having your liver cared for and in good shape is important for sustaining health. The liver has a special ability to cure itself under most conditions. Unfortunately, permanent damage can also occur. There are many things one can do to care for the liver and protect it from damage, help it heal, and support its function.
How Do Liver Functions?
The liver is around the size of a football and sits under the lower rib cage on the right side. It has several important functions to perform including removing unhealthy cells, dead cells, cancer cells, microorganisms, chemicals, and drugs from the bloodstream. The liver plays a major role in digestion and detoxification.
It is triangular and comprises two lobes. The right lobe is broader than the left one and both are partitioned by a bundle of tissues that keeps it connected to the diaphragm. The liver filters the blood from the digestive system before it passes to the rest of the body. All these organs act in coordination to digest, absorb and process food.
Some vital functions of the liver are:
- The liver supplies the bile juice to start the digestion process.
- Definite vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, D, A, iron, folic acid are stored in the liver as they are key roles of functions.
- Kupffer cells help to keep the liver clean. If the filter becomes damaged or clogged, serious health problems can occur.
- Changing food into chemicals and nutrients so that the body stays healthy.
- A healthy liver helps to lower the risk of cancer.
What are some causes of Liver Diseases?
The liver can become ineffective due to immoderate alcohol intake or an unhealthy lifestyle. Hepatitis, cirrhosis, and Fatty liver are among the most common liver disorders.
- The liver tissues can harden and lose their function. The damage caused by conditions like cirrhosis is irreparable and can result in liver failure.
- Hepatitis is a swelling of the liver that can be fostered by different causes like inflammations or viruses. There are few types of hepatitis.
- Fatty liver is the amassing of compounds in the liver. Healthy liver tissue gets replaced with unhealthy fats. As a result, less healthy liver tissue remains. Fatty liver is often enlarged and swollen with fat and can lead to obesity, diabetes.
What are Signs and Symptoms of Liver Disease?
Liver inflammation can affect all functions and can lead to critical health problems. Therefore, it is essential to recognize the signs of liver diseases early so that steps can be taken.
- The skin has a yellow tint (jaundice)
- Excessive sweating and overheating of the body
- Urine appears dark yellow coloration
- Gallstones and gallbladder attacks
- Weakness and fatigue
- Low appetite
- Itchy skin
- Swollen glands
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Kanpur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How to Care for Your Liver?
The liver can convert drugs or alcohol to components that are suitable for the food. Overloading the liver with large quantities of alcohol, fried foods, and drugs impacts the filtering process. Several healthy foods can detoxify the liver, such as-
- Water & raw vegetable juices
- Fruits and vegetables, mostly dark green leafy vegetables (such as spinach, collard greens), and orange, red-colored fruits and vegetables (such as oranges, beets, carrots), walnuts, and avocados
- Green tea
- Protein-rich foods
- Dairy products
- Fiber-rich content
- A few other tips that you can follow to keep your liver healthy include -
- Limiting alcohol intake
- Avoiding using street drugs
- Regular medical checkups and lab tests
- Taking medications regularly, as instructed, and get the necessary vaccinations
- Avoiding drugs and sharing needles
- Not consuming too many calories, especially in the form of fat and alcohol
- Maintaining a healthy weight and exercising regularly
- Drinking a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated
The 4 stages of liver disease include -
- Stage 1: The first sign of the liver disease is inflammation.
- Stage 2: Fibrosis is the start of liver scarring.
- Stage 3: Regular scarring leads to cirrhosis.
- Stage 4: Liver failure
Hot beverages such as tea and coffee, fruits that are rich in antioxidants like grapes, beetroots, and berries, and high fiber foods can boost liver health.
Alcoholic liver disease is curable. It is the state of liver damage caused by excessive alcohol consumption for a long time. The disease development can be slowed down by not consuming alcohol. In the worst cases, with repeated symptoms, one may need liver transplantation.
There will be no clear symptoms in the early stages. As the disease develops one may observe symptoms such as vomiting, unexplained weight loss, abdominal pain, swelling, yellow discoloration of skin and eyes, and itchy skin. Consult your doctor to know more about liver diseases.