MaxilloFacial Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Maxillofacial is the surgery done to correct any defect around your jaw, mouth, or neck. Many people who have born defects or defects caused by an accident or due to lifestyle, go for Maxillofacial surgery. However, doctors at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur recommend Maxillofacial surgery to the patients only when the defect is not possible to remove by the basic dental procedures.
Why is Maxillofacial surgery done?
Maxillofacial surgery is done to remove or correct issues related to your mouth and nearby areas. If your jaw has an abnormal structure, you might develop mouth and jaw-related issues like the pain associated with the wisdom teeth, pain near your mouth region or in your jaws. If a person has faced facial injuries during an accident, they can undergo Maxillofacial surgery to heal the injuries of their face. These are some of the common reasons why people go for Maxillofacial surgery.
Maxillofacial surgery is a cosmetic surgery that can correct the defect you may have from birth. It changes the appearance of your face including the mouth and jaws appearance. Many nerves are linked with your face, which is why you need an experienced doctor for the procedure.
If you are diagnosed with a cancer tumour around your mouth region, Maxillofacial surgery can help remove the tumour from your face. In the surgery, your damaged or affected tissues and cells are also removed from the face to avoid the further spread of cancer. It reduces the risk of spreading or recurrence of cancer in the future.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the risks associated with Maxillofacial surgery?
Like any other major surgery, Maxillofacial surgery also has some risks associated with it. There are two types of Maxillofacial surgery that patients go through- Complex or Basic. Complex Maxillofacial surgery includes the patient’s jaw, tongue, chin, or all of them whereas basic oral or Maxillofacial surgery includes front portions of the patient’s mouth region.
The common risks that are associated with oral or Maxillofacial surgery include: -
- Infection near your mouth region. The mouth region is exposed to the environment all the time and when the surgery is being done on an exposed region, there is a chance of developing an infection.
- Prolonged bleeding from your mouth region. There are many nerves attached to your face. There is a chance for any nerve to get rupture during the procedure and cause bleeding.
- Need for additional surgery. Sometimes, a few defects might not get treated even after the surgical procedure is done. In some cases, the body doesn’t accept the surgical changes resulting in an uneven appearance. This is when you might need an additional surgery to correct the issues.
- Pain in the forehead and around the head. Your eyes and ears might also feel pain because of the surgery. As all the nerves are interconnected, sensations in nerves near the mouth can cause prolonged pain in the head, eyes, and ears.
- Swelling may occur on the face. The body needs time to recover and adapt to the changes made by surgery.During this time, you may face swelling near your mouth region.
How to prepare yourselves for Maxillofacial surgery?
You have to be physically as well as mentally stable and fit before going for Maxillofacial surgery. You also need to follow some tips to prepare yourself for Maxillofacial surgery.
- Consult with your doctor. It is very important to have a conversation with your doctor regarding your motivation and expectations from the surgery.
- Go through a proper check-up. After discussing your expectations, your doctor will perform all the necessary tests including laboratory tests to find out if you are suitable for the surgery or not.
- Schedule daily check-ups before the surgery. Your doctor will schedule your appointments to have proper testing and check-ups before the surgery takes place. Make sure you are available for every appointment.
Every year, many people undergo Maxillofacial surgery to correct their mouth and jaw defects. It is a complex surgery as many nerves are interlinked. That is why you should go for the trusted name of Apollo Spectra, Jaipur.
Maxillofacial surgeons are specialized in treating nerves and areas around your mouth and face. At Apollo Spectra, Jaipur, we have many specialized surgeons who have years of experience in this field.
The normal number of teeth in most people is 32. In some cases, this number is 28. The remaining four teeth are the wisdom teeth. Also known as the third molars, wisdom teeth should be removed from the jaw, especially if they are causing pain and congestion in your mouth.