MENOPAUSE Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Menopause occurs in the life of every woman after reaching a certain age. It is the natural way of the body to stop the cycle of menstruation. Menopause shuts down the individual’s capability to conceive naturally.
What is menopause?
When a woman sees a stop in their menstruation cycle for twelve consecutive months, then she is said to be menopausal. This pause means that her menstruation cycle has stopped permanently. It usually occurs between the age of 45 to 55, but many women reach menopause years before or later.
Although menopause is a natural process, it is still very uncomfortable. Even though most women do not need any kind of medical treatment for menopause, it is best to visit a doctor to keep all the discomforts at bay.
What are the symptoms of being menopausal?
Some of the signs and symptoms of menopause are as follows:
- Dryness in your Vagina
- Irregular Periods
- Sleep issues
- Hot flashes
- Face hair loss and thinning of hair
- Loss of breast fullness
- Sweating a lot, especially at night
- Weight gain
- Slowdown of metabolism
- Anxiety and Depression
- Memory problems
- Reduced mass in the muscles
- Painful and stiff joints
- Reduced sex drive or libido
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
It is normal for a woman to experience irregular periods. You might skip your periods for a month and then have it again in the following months. This irregularity might continue for some time until you reach menopause.
When you are of age, it is important to keep in touch with your doctor in Jaipur. But it is equally important to continue consultation during and after your menopause.
Your doctor may recommend preventive healthcare tests like screening tests, mammography, colonoscopy, etc. or breast and pelvic examinations.
If you are bleeding from your vagina after menopause, immediately book a consultation with your doctor.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the complications faced during menopause?
Some of the common complications associated with menopause are as follows:
- The slowdown of the metabolic functioning
- Heart disease
- Blood Vessel Disease
- Cataracts in the eyes
- Vulvo-vaginal atrophy (thinning of the vaginal walls)
- Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse
- Osteoporosis (weakening of the bones due to reduction in muscle mass)
- Urinary incontinence
How to take care of yourself during menopause at home?
Some lifestyle changes can ease a lot of discomforts faced during menopause.
- To avoid hot flashes, it is best to always stay in comfortable, loose clothes. If you sweat a lot at night, try getting waterproof mattresses.
- Exercising during and after menopause will help you get proper sleep. It will keep you happy, get you out of your mood swings and keep you energized.
- If you have any deficiency, take supplements. Eat food that is rich in calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D as it will reduce the risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Manage your sleep schedule and take medications if you are facing insomnia.
- Do yoga and meditation during and after menopause, as these will help you relax your body and mind.
What is the treatment if you are menopausal?
Usually, most women do not require treatment for menopause. Yet, if the symptoms for menopause are extreme and severe, you can undergo treatment for them.
Doctors recommend hormone therapy to women under the age of 60. It works best for women who have recently experienced menopause and have not yet completed ten years of menopause.
Other medications that doctors can give are:
- Minoxidil for hair loss and hair thinning
- Non-hormonal vaginal moisturizers and lubricants
- Sleep medications if you experience insomnia during menopause
- Prophylactic antibiotics if you experience UTIs
Menopause is a natural stop to your menstrual cycle. It is not harmful but a natural thing to happen. There is no need to panic if you face a lot of menopausal side-effects. Your doctor will be able to guide you through it easily.
If you have experienced menopause by this age, you will be unable to get pregnant naturally.
Yes, eventually, you will be able to overcome menopause fatigue.
Unhealthy habits can cause early menopause. Stress alone might not be able to cause early menopause, but it definitely adds to it. If you have an unhealthy diet and lifestyle, you will experience menopause early.