Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery in C-scheme, Jaipur
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery (MIKRS) has modified many conventional methods of the traditional knee replacement surgery. This surgical procedure involves speedy recovery, lessened physiotherapy requirements, and reduced discomfort and pain post-surgery.
What is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery is a modern advanced orthopaedic surgical method that uses biomaterials and small incisions for knee replacement. Mostly, people with osteoarthritis undergo this knee replacement surgery. These synthetic biomaterials are durable and last long. This surgery involves the use of advanced technology to guide the doctor while performing the procedure.
Which candidates are best for Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
- Younger patients in Jaipur below 65 having mild to moderate arthritis.
- A patient who is not obese or muscular.
- A patient with a small to medium body frame. People needing large implants might face complications.
- A patient with no severe bone deformity like bow legs, an extreme case of osteoarthritis, or knock-knees
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
After researching about this surgical procedure, you can book an appointment with your doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur. If medication, exercises, and massages don't relieve pain, then a minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery will come to use. This surgery acts as an optional surgery. The doctor will let you know that this surgery is advisable only if all treatment options fail. You will get a better understanding of this if you book a doctor's consultation.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
What are the benefits of Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
- It is affordable compared to Conventional Knee Replacement Surgery.
- This helps with faster rehabilitation allowing the person to go back to their routine faster.
- The person can sit crossing their legs, squat, and move the knee efficiently after the surgery.
- It also delays the conventional knee replacement until necessary.
- As there is no cutting of the muscles or the bone, the bleeding and complications will be lesser.
- The rate of developing an infection is low.
- As it is less painful and the recovery is faster, the surgeon will allow the person to walk the same day of the surgery.
How do surgeons perform Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
- You will lie on your back. The surgeon will give you general or local anaesthesia.
- The surgeon using specialized tools to make a small incision on the knee.
- Using computer navigation, the surgeon places the implants in the knee. They are different but as durable as conventional implants.
- The computer navigation guides the surgeon to insert the prosthetic parts correctly.
- The surgeon will place a metal rod in the hollow region of the femur and tibia bones of the knee joint.
- After placing the metal rods, the surgeon puts the implants. These metal rods aid the surgeon while evaluating the knee alignment for inserting the implants.
- The surgeon will then stitch the incision points.
What are the complications associated with the procedure?
The complications are way lesser than conventional total knee replacement. Yet, in unfortunate and rare circumstances, some complications that can occur are as follows:
- Nerve Injury
- Blood loss. Although it is lesser compared to the conventional method.
- Fracture during the surgery
- Improper placement of implants or components
- Formation of blood clots
- Formation of infections
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery does not replace traditional knee surgery. It only helps relieve the pain when medications are not effective. They act as an optional surgery option in most cases. Yet, it is gaining prominence because it uses advanced technology for treatment.
Usually, it takes to one to three months to completely recover from the surgery, yet most patients can walk with some help the day of the surgery. Most patients get complete relief from the arthritis pain too.
This surgical procedure ensures faster recovery and lesser pain. The surgeon also makes small incisions for this knee replacement surgery. In some places, this surgery is more cost-friendly than a full-fledged conventional knee replacement surgery.
The hospital discharges the patient fast after this surgery. You will also be able to do your daily chores within some time. Total healing can need six weeks, but you will feel much better before. You will feel the pain has diminished to a large extent also.