Saddle Nose Deformity Treatment in C-scheme, Jaipur
Nasal deformities change the structure of the nose and make it difficult to breathe properly. A person may also have less sense of smell and other problems.
What Is A Nasal Deformity?
A nasal deformity is a deformity that changes the shape of the nose. It results in other symptoms such as snoring, bleeding from the nose, dryness of the mouth, and infection of sinuses.
What Are The Different Nasal Deformities?
Different nasal deformities include the following:
- Some nasal deformities are present from birth such as cleft palate, the increased mass inside the nose, etc.
- Enlargement of lymph glands cause blockage of nasal passages and lead to difficulty in sleeping.
- Each nostril has structures that help to clean the inhaled air. Swelling of these structures produces difficulty in breathing.
- There is a wall that separates the two nostrils. If the wall becomes deformed it can produce difficulty in breathing.
- A saddle nose is a condition in which the nose has a deformed bridge. It may occur due to drug abuse or other diseases.
What Are The Symptoms Of Nasal Deformities?
A person with any kind of nose deformity will experience difficulty in breathing as the most common symptom. Some other symptoms are:
- Snoring when sleeping: A person may snore hard when sleeping.
- Difficulty in sleeping: People with nasal deformities experience difficulty in sleeping due to breathing problems.
- Congestion in the nose: The nose feels congested due to the impaired shape and structure of the nose.
- Poor smelling power: The smelling power also reduces.
- Bleeding from the nose: Bleeding from the nose may occur due to dryness.
- Infection of the sinuses: Sinuses become infected due to difficulty in breathing.
- Loud noise when breathing: Your family members can hear loud noises when you breathe.
- Pain in the facial muscles: You may experience pain in the muscles of your face.
What Are The Causes Of Nasal Deformities?
Nasal deformities may occur due to different reasons:
- Congenital problems in which a person may inherit some features from parents
- Developmental defects may occur that may disrupt the structure of the nose
- Injury to the nose can also produce a deformity in the nose shape and structure
What Are The Treatment Options For Nasal Deformities?
The health care physician may provide medications for managing the symptoms of nasal deformities. Surgery is another option when you choose to correct the shape of your nose. The surgery is performed after administering general anaesthesia and may take 2-3 hours. You can go back home the same day.
When To Consult With A Doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
If you start facing problems that affect your daily activities, you should consult with a doctor in Jaipur. If your nose shape is deformed to such an extent that you fear going out in the public due to embarrassment or lack of self-confidence, then you should visit a doctor. If you face difficulty in breathing or sleeping at night, you should consult with your primary care physician and then an expert.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Nasal deformities can have a negative impact on your quality of life because they result in deformed shape and structure. Different treatments are available for correcting the shape of your nose and other nasal problems. Therefore, consult with your doctor if you have difficulty breathing or have a social stigma due to the deformed shape of your nose.
When you visit Apollo Spectra, Jaipur to discuss a nose deformity, the doctor will review your medical history. They will probably want to know your symptoms that will help recommend the treatment plan for you.
The time taken for correcting your nasal deformity will depend on your problem and the type of surgery chosen by the doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur. Usually, it takes 3-4 hours to perform the surgery.
You may have to stay home for a week or more depending on the severity of your surgery. Your doctor will give you instructions that will help in quick recovery.