Osteoarthritis Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
One of the most common forms of arthritis is osteoarthritis, where the cartilage that offers protection to the bone ends gets worn out. This condition can affect any joints, but it commonly affects hands, spine, hips, and knee. Although the condition cannot be fully cured, it can be managed with proper treatment and can help improve the quality of life. Some of the important tips you can do to prevent this disorder are to maintain your ideal weight and keep yourself active.
This condition can affect adults of any age group. Also known as degenerative arthritis, wear-and-tear arthritis, and degenerative joint disease, it can accumulate over time and even lead to disability. Therefore, it becomes important that you keep an eye out for the symptoms and talk to your doctor for more information.
What Causes Osteoarthritis?
The main cause of osteoarthritis is joint damage. While age is one of the major reasons that lead to the war and tear of the joints, other reasons include injuries like torn cartilage, dislocated joints, and ligament injuries, obesity, joint malfunction, and poor posture.
What are the Symptoms of Osteoarthritis?
Although it can affect any joint, the most commonly affected areas are;
- The lower back portion of the spine
And the symptoms are;
- Pain in the joints
- Feeling tenderness
- Stiffness in the joints
It is important to understand that osteoarthritis is a progressive ailment, with stages 0 to 4. As it progresses, the symptoms also elevate. The symptoms of severe osteoarthritis include;
- Severe swelling and inflammation of the joints where the synovial fluid present inside the joints increase causing swelling and pain
- You main experience pain even when you are resting your joints
- You will see an increase in stiffness and you won’t be able to move as easily as you used to before
- Your joints start becoming unstable, for instance, you may go through buckling of the knee frequently
- Muscle weakness and bone spurs may also be experienced
When to See a Doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
If you start noticing the symptoms of osteoarthritis, it is important to visit your doctor. Also, if you have been undergoing treatment but notice a sudden elevation in the symptoms, even then it is important to visit your doctor immediately.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How is Osteoarthritis Diagnosed at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
When you go to a doctor with all your symptoms, your doctor will ask you a few questions to understand them and take a look at your medical history. After that, a physical examination may be conducted. Here, your doctor will check for any stiffness, redness or issues with flexibility. To further get a clear picture of the disorder, a few tests may be conducted. They are;
- X-rays: Although you won’t be able to see the cartilage on the x-ray, you can see if you have lost any and check for bone spurs
- MRI Scan: MRI scan presents a detailed overview of the bone and soft tissues that can help identify osteoarthritis.
How is Osteoarthritis Treated at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
The treatment of arthritis depends on your severity. Some of the common treatments include;
- Medication: With the help of medicines, you will be able to overcome any pain you experience because of the disease
- Physiotherapy: With therapy, you will be able to strengthen your muscles and discover easy ways to do your tasks without damaging the joints
- Surgery and injections can also help provide relief
Even though there is no cure for osteoarthritis, you need a treatment plan in place to ensure you manage your condition properly. Therefore, don’t hesitate to speak to your doctor.
It becomes worse with time and leads to disability.
Oesteoarthing is very rarely crippling. Therefore, talk to your doctor for more information.
It is a degenerative disease that becomes severe as time passes and can lead to chronic pain if not treated in time.