Prostate Cancer Treatment in C Scheme, Jaipur
A prostate is a small gland that sits between the bladder and the penis. It produces a fluid called semen that nourishes and protects the sperm cells. It also squeezes this fluid into the urethra during ejaculation.
What is Prostate cancer?
When cells in the prostate gland begin to grow out of control, it causes prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer that is found only in males. Most types of prostate cancers do not cause severe harm and remain confined to the prostate only. While some prostate cancers advance slowly and need minimal help, other types grow and spread quickly.
What are the types of prostate cancer?
A type of prostate cancer tells a doctor about the nature of cells cancer started in. It helps the doctor decide the kind of treatment you need. The various types of Prostate cancer are:
- ACINAR ADENOCARCINOMA- Also called conventional adenocarcinoma, it is a type of cancer in which ACINI cells line the prostates fluid-producing glands. Cancer grows roots in the back of the prostate.
- PROSTATIC DUCTAL ADENOCARCINOMA (PDA)- This is a rare but more aggressive form of adenocarcinoma. It stems in the cells that line the tubes and ducts of the prostate gland. It often develops along with acinar adenocarcinoma. This form of cancer is hard to detect as it does not increase the PSA levels.
- SQUAMOUS CELL CANCER- It stems from the flat cells that cover the prostate gland. They spread and grow more quickly than adenocarcinoma.
- TRANSITIONAL CELL CANCER- Also known as urothelial cancer, this stems in the cells that line the tube which carries urine to the urethra. They usually develop in the bladder and spread to the prostate.
- SMALL CELL PROSTATE CANCER- It is composed of small round cells. It is a variety of neuroendocrine cancer.
What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?
Some symptoms of prostate cancer include:
- Increase in frequency of urination.
- Blood coming out with urine.
- Weak and interrupted urine flow.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Pain and burning sensation while urinating.
- Pain and discomfort while sitting due to enlarged prostate.
When to see a doctor at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur?
If you show symptoms of prostate cancer, it is best to consult the best doctor in Jaipur, even if the symptoms are mild. Symptoms like blood discharge and extreme pain may signal cancer screening. People who have a history of the disease in their family are more likely to develop prostate cancer.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
How to treat Prostate cancer?
Some local treatments of prostate cancer include:
- Surgery- involves the removal of the prostate gland. The type of surgery varies for each patient depending on their health and other factors.
- Radiation therapy- is a process that involves the use of high-energetic rays to kill cancerous cells.
- Focal therapy- is a less invasive therapy that kills tumours without affecting the rest parts of the prostate gland. It involves the use of heat and cold to treat low-risk prostate cancer.
- Hormonal therapy.- the growth of prostate cancer is by male sex hormones called androgens. So, lowering the level of these hormones can help slow the growth of cancer. Hormonal therapy helps lower the levels of testosterone that is the most common androgen.
- Chemotherapy- involves the use of drugs to kill cancer cells which keeps them from growing and multiplying.
Prostate cancer is a common type of cancer in males but is curable in the early stages. Therefore, you need to see the specialists at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur as soon as you show symptoms, even if they are mild ones.
Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer in India and the 4th most common tumour diagnosed worldwide.
You cannot know whether prostate cancer will grow rapidly or slowly. You also cannot predict the severity of it. It can either remain harmless without causing any problems or become aggressive and affect the nearby organs.
Prostate cancer might not require surgery if detected in the early stages. Chemo and radiotherapy are targets to pinpoint precision which reduces pain and discomfort through treatment sessions.