Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Treatment & Diagnostics in C Scheme, Jaipur
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Some injuries or birth defects can affect our quality of life. They limit our bodies from working with perfection. Modern medical advancements like Reconstructive Plastic surgery can break those barriers.
What is Reconstructing Plastic Surgery?
Reconstructive plastic surgery is performed to cure any abnormality created by any injury, condition, or birth defect. Usually, this surgery is preferred to enhance functionality but some people use this to improve their appearance as well.
Reconstructive plastic surgeries can be used for cleft lip, palate repair, etc. In many cases like breast reconstructions, it works more like cosmetic surgery. However, it is not a cosmetic surgery because it is performed for medical reasons.
Types of Reconstructing Plastic Surgery
Reconstructive Plastic surgery covers a wide range of surgical procedures including:
- Breast Reduction: This procedure is preferred by men as well as women to remove excess fat, tissue, and skin. Having large breasts can cause discomfort in your daily life. After Breast reduction surgery, your breast size will be proportionate to your body.
- Breast Reconstruction: This procedure focuses on enhancing your breast’s shape, size, appearance, and symmetry. This surgery is recommended after mastectomy to get their original shape and size. There are two ways of Breast reconstruction:
- Implant-based reconstruction
- Flap reconstruction
- Cleft Lip and Palate Repair: People born with a cleft lip or palate are treated with this surgery. It can give them a better appearance.
- Surgery for Hand and Foot: Some conditions can cause impairment of your hands and feet like carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. They can affect flexibility and functionality as well. Reconstructive Plastic surgery can improve the functionality and appearance of your hands and feet.
- Regenerative Medicine: Reconstructive Plastic Surgery can replace, create, or regenerate your cells and tissues. This process is used to treat wounds, scars, regeneration conditions, etc.
- Skin Cancer: Reconstructive Plastic Surgery can help in removing cancer cells from your skin.
- Tissue Expansion: Reconstructive Plastic surgery can be used to grow extra skin in any part of the body. In most cases, it is used in breast reconstruction and removal.
Why do you need Reconstructive Plastic Surgery?
Reconstructive plastic surgery is not a necessity but it can improve your quality of life. It is capable of reconstructing any damage or injury. There are many reasons to go for reconstructing surgery:
- Repair a palate of cleft lip
- Breast reconstruction or reduction
- Facial reconstruction
- Improve strength, flexibility, and function of your hands or feet.
Reconstructive surgery covers a lot more impairments than the above-mentioned situations. If you are suffering from any birth defects or deformities, you should go for reconstructive surgery at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur.
How to prepare for Reconstruction Plastic Surgery?
The specialists at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur will ask you to have some lab tests to ensure that you are not allergic to medication or fluids that will be used in the surgery.
Also, your surgeon will ask you to stay away from some medications or food items to avoid any complications.
For all the surgeries that use anesthesia, you should not eat anything for about 10 hours before surgery.
How is Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Performed?
After discussing all the potential risks from your surgeon, you will be directed to the room where your surgery will take place.
Your anesthesiologist will inject you with anesthesia to avoid any sudden movements or pain during the surgery.
Your surgeon will make incisions at the section of your body where reconstructive surgery will be performed.
After the surgery, you will be cleaned and the incisions will be stitched.
Some reconstruction surgeries take longer than others because of the variation in complexity.
Benefits of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Reconstructive surgery can restore your functionality and appearance. This surgery benefits you physically by repairing impairments and mentally by increasing confidence.
Potential Side Effects of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery provides a lot of benefits but there are many risk factors involved as well:
- Slow healing
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Blood clots
- Fluid leakage
The risks are the same for almost any surgical procedure. To avoid such happenings, you should go for an experienced and qualified surgeon like the specialists at Apollo Spectra, Jaipur.
Request an appointment at Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Jaipur
Call 1860 500 2244 to book an appointment.
Reconstructive Plastic surgery can help you with your appearance and body functions. If you want good and long-lasting results from your reconstructive surgery, you should not show any negligence in your recovery period. Even after you return to your normal life, you should take proper care of the newly reconstructed areas of your body.
Cosmetic surgery is used to enhance appearance. On the other hand, reconstructive surgery is mainly used for medical conditions.
Every surgery has potential risks before and after the surgery. Therefore, you should choose your surgeon wisely. Also, follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor.
The effects of reconstructive surgery don't last forever. However, effects can be extended for a few more years by proper care and maintenance.